• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Camera Raw 9.8 for mac fails to update or install

Participant ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded latest ACR 9.8 for mac but when I try to install it gives an error message.

says:

Update failed

updates could not be applied

please contact....blah blah blah

i have updated to lightroom 6.8 and notice it the updates notes its suppose to support my camera sony rx100m5

but it wont read the files so me thinks it needs latest ACR

in the past I've not had to update ACR the latest version of lightroom usually can read my camera files but 6.8 simply won't recognize my new sony camera.

any clues on how to fix the ACR failing and why lightroom wont recog the sony file even though its suppose to?

thanks for any help in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

ok i figured it out

you cant delete the file in finder directly

you have to move it to the trash can

once in there you have to:

1. Open Terminal. It's located in /Applications/Utilities. ...
  2. Double-click the Trash icon in the Dock to reveal the contents of the Trash. ...
  3. Press the Command-A key combination to select all files in the Trash.
  4. Drag the files from the Trash to the Terminal window. ...
  5. Press Return. ...
  6. Empty the Trash.

once i did that i ran the update and it worked.

so removing that adobe file

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Camera Raw, even if installed properly, will have NO effect on Lightroom. So, you don't need Adobe Camera Raw.

Also, please explain what this means:

i have updated to lightroom 6.8 and notice it the updates notes its suppose to support my camera sony rx100m5

but it wont read the files so me thinks it needs latest ACR

Specifically, please explain the part where it says "wont read". Exactly what is happening? What is the complete unedited exact word-for-word error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wont read means wont support it. no error msg per se, lightroom simply won't display picture.

when i go to import the file, it simply wont because its a file format it does not recognize.

version 6.8 according to the update notes says clearly it supports files from sony rx100 version 5 but for someone odd reason thats not the case.

when i launch lightroom and export the file to adobe photoshop, lightroom returns an error message saying adobe camera raw needs to be updated.

in past when i update ACR that makes lightroom and photoshop work better, makes the nag go away.

without this ACR update it uses lightroom to render the TIFF it exports to photoshop, hence WHY ACR must be updated.

it does not have to be but works better if it does. and this is a common fact, many of my photogs all do this. they update ACR religiously when lightroom gets updated, this is nothing new.

what you say is garbage, than why offer ACR if there is no need to install it? agreed you dont have to but than how do you get rid of the nagging message each you export the picture to photoshop? aha, see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yet it is a true statement that downloading and installing ACR has no effect on Lightroom.

ACR is for Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Bridge; not for Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are a nut job

ACR removes the nag within LR

If I dont update ACR than everytime I export to PS, lightroom display this annoying message that I must update to ACR, true i dont have to but the only way i can make that nag not appear over and over is to update

i jsut want to update

i did not ask for your rude help, in fact dont bother reply because you have not actually helped at all.

the fact is it fails to update thats the problem not that its not needed for LR or whatever u think in that matter. I use ACR and need it, point, end of discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I asked on the other version of this thread you've posted for some reason, what precise version of PS are you running, and what version of ACR is currently installed on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i went somewhere else because dj page was being a douchebag

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.0.0 20161012.r.53 2016/10/12:23:00:00 CL 1094006  x64

as for ACR i dont know how to find version

all i know is the latest version wont install. lets assume i have a previous version below 9.8 as i remember installing that one a while back.

2016-12-11_13-12-24.jpg

i get this error message

upon research i've read some ppl had luck doing this:

Step 1. Delete or rename the  <Startup Disk>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

but does not fix problem.

i try to rename or delete it, it asks me for my password which I enter, but than nothing. it wont delete or rename.

please note: I've managed to to install other programs today and yesterday with no problems. the only headache is adobe. someting within adobe is broke, something is blocking it from installing but i can't figure out what.

note if i download the full version of lightroom, trial, that installs with no errors, but if i try the update i get that error msg above. which is same for ACR.

at this point i'm gonna give up on ACR and jsut deal with the stupid nag when i export to PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok i figured it out

you cant delete the file in finder directly

you have to move it to the trash can

once in there you have to:

1. Open Terminal. It's located in /Applications/Utilities. ...
  2. Double-click the Trash icon in the Dock to reveal the contents of the Trash. ...
  3. Press the Command-A key combination to select all files in the Trash.
  4. Drag the files from the Trash to the Terminal window. ...
  5. Press Return. ...
  6. Empty the Trash.

once i did that i ran the update and it worked.

so removing that adobe file worked, so in fact it was an adobe related issue, damn adobe has so many bugs in their updates.

i will pass this along to my friends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines