1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 10, 2016 2:58 PM by Brucgovn

CC 2017 installed, now crashing everything on startup

charlies62914941 Level 1

So I recently needed to update to After Effects CC 2017 in order to be able to open a project that a friend had sent.

I figure, I might as well update Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Media Encoder at the same time.

After I updated, none of the programs would open on my computer.  I got error messages stating that "a problem caused the program to stop working correctly" for all 4 programs.

I figured out how to roll back to previous versions, but the 2 previous versions also crashed my computer.  I had to go all the way back to Premiere Pro 2015 (ver.9.0), as it was the only one that would open.  it works, but the problem is, I cannot open any projects that I cut in CC 2015 (ver 10.4.0).

I was also able to roll back the other programs to CC 2015, but they won't open newer projects either.

Does anyone have any information on how to fix this?  Looks like a lot of other people are writing about it, and there has been no solution posted.I am working off Windows 10, my drivers are up to date, I have done uninstalls and new installs etc...

thanks,

Charlie