1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 12, 2016 10:05 AM by m_vargas

using windows 7 have both explorer 11 and chrome installed do i need shockwave , flash or both for videos

cyimforeu

I recently " stripped " my computer to speed start up etc now wanting to install clean flash player or shockwave or both? please help I can follow directions have difficulty understanding tech differences

• 1. Re: using windows 7 have both explorer 11 and chrome installed do i need shockwave , flash or both for videos
          m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hi,

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome.  Unless you're having issues with the embedded version you shouldn't have to download Flash Player for Chrome.  For IE, launch IE and go to Adobe - Adobe Shockwave Player and download the installer.  The download page detects the OS and browser and offers the appropriate plugin for the OS/browser combination so you'll need to use IE to download the correct Flash Player for IE.

Flash Player and Shockwave Player are two different plugin types and are not interchangeable.  The vast majority of users just need Flash Player for viewing Flash content on the web.  If you need to install Shockwave Player (e.g. to view content authored using Adobe Director) then you should also install Shockwave Player.  To install Shockwave Player, go to Adobe - Adobe Shockwave Player  and download the installer.  If you don't view content authored in Adobe Director then there is no need to install Shockwave Player.

--

Maria