• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2017 and Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep getting a "problem with Photoshop 2017" message after I upgraded from 2015 on my Windows 10 desktop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

What happens if you hold down the shift key as Photoshop starts up?

Also do you have any Lavasoft security software installed such as Web Companion?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll need to give more information than that Raymond, for example what does the message say? Does it run at all or just immediately close?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact message "Adobe Photoshop CC (2017) has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." It never gets past the opening screen and will close the program immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you hold down the shift key as Photoshop starts up?

Also do you have any Lavasoft security software installed such as Web Companion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First question same thing and it ask do I want to skip third party plugins (I said yes even I haven't installed any I know of).

Second question, I don't know but don't think so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok as Dave said we really need to see either your reliability report or the event manager report as that will reveal what exactly is faulting causing the crash. Has Photoshop ever worked on this machine or is this something that has happened recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded this morning from 2015. 2015 version worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you probably need an Adobe tech to remote desktop to your computer. Go to the link below and find the 'chat' option the technician will then attach to your machine and find out what is going on.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the correct solution to my problem. I didn't notice the Web Companion from Lavasoft. Removing it corrected my problem. Thanks Terri Stevens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh Raymond you could have got this fixed three days ago had you known about Web Companion, but I'm glad it is fixed for you now.

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello.  did you purchase the dll remover or was there a free version available.  I have the same issue, however the link that was recently posted about how to rid the dll file wasn't free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich habe das gleiche Problem. Ich habe ein Update gemacht, CC2015 kann ich nicht mehr aufrufen und CC2017 funktioniert nicht!

!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you also have a look in Windows 10 reliability history and see if it shows any issues at the time of the problem.

Just type reliability into the windows search box. It will show you a history of problems. If you see a red cross at the time of the problem click on it for further info.

If there is an entry for Photoshop double click on it (not on the actions column ) and you will get a Description and Problem Signature.
Pasting that here will be helpful

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Source

Adobe Photoshop CC 2017

Summary

Stopped working

Date

‎12/‎12/‎2016 8:59 PM

Status

More data required

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Photoshop.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Photoshop.exe

Application Version: 18.0.0.53

Application Timestamp: 57fde9fd

Fault Module Name: EasyRedirect64.dll

Fault Module Version: 2.3.3.1

Fault Module Timestamp: 54eef9bc

Exception Code: c0000094

Exception Offset: 000000000000bc22

OS Version: 10.0.14393.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 34ec

Additional Information 2: 34ec5d83902e701348c2bf0a550b7d8c

Additional Information 3: 53db

Additional Information 4: 53db0aab7e0f136e61b861ca20529e54

Files that help describe the problem

WERInternalMetadata.xml

AppCompat.txt

memory.hdmp

triagedump.dmp

WERGenerationLog.txt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem is not Photoshop but a piece of malware on your computer that is misbehaving. EasyRedirect64.dll is the faulting module and that is some kind of browser extension. You will need to remove it or neutralise it in some way. Search Google for 'EasyRedirect64.dll' and you will find plenty of references to it. The link below tells you how to remove it from various browsers

Assist To Remove EasyRedirect64.dll |

The method looks pretty easy, maybe too easy to remove malware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the exact same problem.

Failure to start after last CC update. Report has been sent to Adobe according to Window problem  report.

This is urgent as there is no way (as I know) to back to the previous release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Magnus,

It's easy to install CC2015.5.2 and keep CC2017 at the same time. Go to my post from November 21st in the thread below to see an illustrated guide. The thread is very long so just look for my name and the date

Photoshop CC 2017 Unusable slow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Terri !!!

It's perfect that one can use an older version. I'll be using this version awaiting next update.

/Magnus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magnus
re-installing the previous version will get you going - but it is still worth investigating why CC2017 is not working with Windows 10 for you. It does work with Windows 10 - it is working here. Resolving the problem could prevent an issue with the next update.

You can have both versions on the same PC together

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

If there is anything I can do to assist Adobe with resolving this issue I will of course do that.

According to the logs, a report was sent to Adobe 2016-12-03 19:55 CET, which I hope can be of help.

/Magnus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Magnus
This is a user to user forum, we are users the same as you - so we would not see anything sent to Adobe.

If you are able to post a windows reliability report for the time of the crash (see post 3 on this thread) it may give an indication to the cause that people on the forum could help you with.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I look for the Dlls that been causing problems and VPN  nothing found and Disabled VPN still crashes and reboots my brand new Toshiba laptop  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so this must be some kind of new animal causing problem for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines