5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2016 8:53 PM by axmelissarios1

Update

jke31022517

December 9, 2016 I attempted to update the newest version of Lightroom CC.  I received an error(U4M1P7) & the failed update corrupted my existing lightroom.  The online forum suggested I rename folder 1.0 to 1.0.old.  Which I did, but when I retried to update I still received the error.  I then attempted delete Lightroom as suggested in the forum.  But it can't be deleted because it keeps saying I have to retry installing the update.  How do I correct this problem and get lightroom back???

• 1. Re: Update
          whsprague Adobe Community Professional

It will be difficult for anyone to help much without some more detail about how you initiated the updates.

• 2. Re: Update
            jke31022517 Level 1

I was finally able to delete lightroom CC2015 through the creative cloud app on my laptop.  I signed out of the app and signed back in and attempted to load the update through the app and received this error:

ERROR: DF024: Unable to move file at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\adobeTemp\{8048A5DF-8A70-5BE1-954B-E0FDE1BD0D0D}\_52_3320fb8fa6f80 022520d9afe0ddce264" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Email.dll" Error 32 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.(Seq 53)

• 3. Re: Update
              whsprague Adobe Community Professional

I would certainly be frustrated!

This is a user forum.  Frequently the hard questions like yours are answered.  But not always.  An alternative is to use Adobe Customer support. 

Do you need help finding the Adobe Customer Support contact points?

• 4. Re: Update
                axmelissarios1 Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi jke31022517,

I just wanted to clarify if this page is the steps you followed to try and solve this? "Installation failed" error U44M1P7 with Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite 6 updates

Please confirm for me if that is the article you followed.

As well, did you try following the last instructions in the error message you posted? "Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it."

Let us know!

Melissa

• 5. Re: Update
                  axmelissarios1 Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi all,

Just updating this thread with the fact that the OP was able to uninstall and reinstall Lightroom and resolve the second error posted. Thanks for your help!

Melissa