• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2017 oil paint in filters is grey, changed to RGB 8bit, still grey... HELP! thanks

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't for the life of me figure out why in Filters>Stylize>Oil Paint is greyed out, everything else is good.  I changed to meet the RGB and went from 16 bit to 8 bit still grey... grrrr, I run on a MAC that is up to date running El Capitan.. Any other ideas? Thanks

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please have a look at this: Oil Paint is grayed out in Photoshop

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have the same problem. i went to advanced settings as advised and it doesn't give me an option to change it for Use Open cl. when i click on it, nothing happens.

I use oil paint quite a lot in my portraits edit. What is wrong. how can i fix it?

monika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Are you using Ps CC 2017 18.1? Windows or Mac? What is your OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

Hi i have the same problem. i went to advanced settings as advised and it doesn't give me an option to change it for Use Open cl. when i click on it, nothing happens.

I use oil paint quite a lot in my portraits edit. What is wrong. how can i fix it?

monika

It sounds like you have a systems issue and that you do not have the graphics card installed that is needed for the current Oil Paint filter, for it to run.

Please check the following out:

Note: If your video card does not support OpenCL v1.1 or higher, you may need to purchase an upgraded video card that supports OpenCL v1.1 or higher to gain access to the Oil Paint filter.

Information about your graphics card can be found in Photoshop's Help > System Info dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue and my fix was so ridiculous. I had an adjustment layer selected while looking for Oil Paint and it was, of course, greyed out. Once I selected a layer with some pixels I was able to use it. This just might help someone out there. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines