1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 9, 2017 7:27 AM by texasslingers

Digital Editions 4 "not responding" when loading library books into program Windows 10

mov88351282 Level 1

Doing pretty much any action will work for a few seconds then freeze and not respond, and I'll have to shut down the program. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've used 4.5.2 as well as digital editions 3 with the same problem, so I think its a windows problem.

I've also tried enabling the app through the firewall settings.

After closing the app there appears to be a copy of the borrowed book in the library, but I am unable to copy it to my ereader (kobo) without it not responding and freezing.

• 1. Re: Digital Editions 4 "not responding" when loading library books into program Windows 10
          texasslingers Level 1

I contacted my library and they in turn sent my problem on to Overdrive, here is their solution, it worked perfectly for me, good luck, let me know how it goes.

Thanks for contacting OverDrive Support Services. I'm sorry you're having trouble with this. Please take the following steps to see if it corrects the issue:

1. Delete the eBook from Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and close the app.
          2. Search your computer for all eBooks and delete each copy you find.                
            eBooks are usually found in [My] Documents > [My] Digital Editions.
          3. Delete the contents of the tasks and failed folders in [My] Documents > [My] Digital Editions > restore.
          4. Delete your temporary internet files. This step is extremely important.
          5. Close and reopen your web browser.
          6. Try downloading the eBook again.