4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2016 4:15 AM by sonnenundmondschein

How to prevent the automatic output of the sitemap in Muse?

sonnenundmondschein Level 1

Hallo there,

how can I prevent the automatic output or overwriting of the sitemap.xml in Muse?

It does not only describe the pages in the file, but also ALL assets files!! This is really not what I like. I also cannot give priority levels.

Now I have to upload a correct sitemap.xml every time I update a website in Muse.
      This is not only annoying, but also a massive time-wasting. Please help!

Thanks a lot, Hanna

• 1. Re: How to prevent the automatic output of the sitemap in Muse?
          Pavel Homeriki Adobe Community Professional

There are no other ways to do it. You proceed as the only possible way. So humble yourself and take it for granted.

• 2. Re: How to prevent the automatic output of the sitemap in Muse?

Thank you mshom for your post.

As professionall webdesigner I "go" for better apps. When one like to earn money with webdesign, workflows should be quick. This is my experiense in more than 10 years. The sitemap behaviour in Muse is a miracle for me, I do not know this behaviour in other webdesign apps (which are much cheaper than Muse). Why shouldn`t we able to set priorites or cannot delete the assets infos? This is basic webdesign business in my view.

Regards, Hanna

• 3. Re: How to prevent the automatic output of the sitemap in Muse?
              Pavel Homeriki Adobe Community Professional

Web designer and web developer - they are different professions. If you are a web designer, you should be indifferent to the sitemap issue. Muse - is a program for web designers, but not for web developers. You need to applies to things as they are worth it, but not as much as you think they should be .

As the program for interactive web design, Muse have no competitor. Neither cheap nor expensive

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How to prevent the automatic output of the sitemap in Muse?

I am sorry, but we just have other opinions about what webdesigners do or not.

I take care of what will be uploaded to clients servers. I am responsible. The sitemap.xml is important for SEO and Google, which is part of webdesign as webdesigner in my understanding too.

Muse have competitors in my opinion. But there is no right or false, just different (user) needs. Every webdesign app has its advantages and disadventages. Apps are generally struggling to catch up new web technologies like responsive webdesign. Muse is not perfect for professionells in my oppinion, but I would not use it, if it would not convice me.

But I still like ( and hope) to see Muse develop. So it would be very helpful to be able to switch out the automatic export of the sitemap.xml. I suppose this is not a great deal to get a checkbox somewhere in the site presets.

We better stop the discussion here, it does not make sense.

We just have other opinions, and this is ok, but I dont like to spent more time on this matter.