• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound Recognition List?

Contributor ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting a project with characters of multiple ethnicities.  The mouth shapes will be a little different for some slang (and some not so slang) words.

Is there a list of sounds Character Animator recognizes? I see those in the standard workspace, but heard in one of the tuts about more than the 14 or so that I see.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

I think there's a spreadsheet deep in an Adobe lab somewhere, but I've only seen it a couple of times and it's constantly changing / evolving with every release. But yeah, there are 60+ sounds it's listening for and translating into the standard 11 visemes.

If you need custom mouth shapes, I would key trigger them instead. Just add extra layers into your mouth like yell, wide, etc - and then do a key trigger take to record those specific moments.

If it's live animation, then your best bet is proba

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think there's a spreadsheet deep in an Adobe lab somewhere, but I've only seen it a couple of times and it's constantly changing / evolving with every release. But yeah, there are 60+ sounds it's listening for and translating into the standard 11 visemes.

If you need custom mouth shapes, I would key trigger them instead. Just add extra layers into your mouth like yell, wide, etc - and then do a key trigger take to record those specific moments.

If it's live animation, then your best bet is probably to have a different "slang" mouth set that you trigger if you know a special case is coming up. I showed how to swap mouth sets here (23:26 in):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines