Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile App - API access to Web App content

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All

Total newb when it comes to API access... however, I really would like to learn more about it as we have a few projects that I would like to develop that are a little more advanced and need a mobile app developed to access BC content (Web Apps).

Could someone point me in the right direction of the best methods of how to achieve this?  What I need is a mobile app, that links into content that is held in a BC web app, the Mobile App needs to pull data into the mobile app and display it, then the mobile app needs to post data back into BC Web App??

I would like to find a developer to help us complete this, however, initially I would like to learn suggestions of best practise of how to achieve the above, so when looking for the right developer I have some clue what to ask for!

Many thanks for all help!!

TOPICS
Developer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone...??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you can't use API for that purpose at this time.

API is limited to be used inside BC admin only.

But, you could potentially build a page where you output web app data,

and query that page from your mobile app, and read that data.

Though you will not be able to put data back to web app.

However by using a third-party service, maybe email service like SendGrid,

to where your mobile app users can send the data,

you could build an admin app in BC that will fetch the data from the third party service

and translate it into web app data.

You will need to initiate the process by clicking a button in your BC app every time you want to fetch the data.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really.. wow.. BC are really missing a trick then.. I had hoped I would be able to develop using BC, especially seeing as how important mobile applications are today...  but looks like back to the drawing board. Any comment from any Adobe personnel about this? Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another solution would be to embed a web browser into your mobile app where users can log into their secure zones and navigate through specifically prepared pages including web app output and submission forms.

But i'd hear staff opinion on this too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping to use the app in offline mode and then click to sync once back with a connection...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mel, this is achieveable with the use of an external server which tabs into the BC API and then handles the pushing and pulling of data to your mobile app.

I did a BC Sandpile on utilising external servers here if you are intergested in learnign more - BC + 3rd-Party Server Overview

Please contact me on shane@cbo.me if you would like to discuss this project further.

Regards,

Shane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Shane - Sandpile looks really good, I will have a good watch this afternoon and will be in contact.  Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines