5 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2006 5:07 AM by 2m

Load movie with scrollbars

AESS1981
      Is it possible to load a Flash movie into an area that is controllled by a scrollbar?
      eg. load a 2000x300px movie into a 300x300px space and have a vertical scrollbar...

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Load movie with scrollbars
          2m Level 2
          Do you mean inside an other flash movie, or inside e.g an IFrame of an HTML page?

Both is possible, but maybe you can be a little more specific.
          • 2. Re: Load movie with scrollbars
            AESS1981 Level 1
            sorry, within the same flash movie - so I will load "menu.swf" with co-ordinates x:20 y:20 into a 300x300px area.
            "menu.swf" is 2000x300px.

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Load movie with scrollbars
              2m Level 2
              Do you want to work with components, or do you want to build the scrollbar(-area) on your own?
              • 4. Re: Load movie with scrollbars
                AESS1981 Level 1
                i want to create my own - as simple as possible...
                • 5. Re: Load movie with scrollbars
                  2m Level 2
                  I'd say in your case (as described) it should not be too hard.
                  I understand that your scrolable clip is of a fixed size. Evene if not for a start that would be a good asumption.

Here' what I would do:
                  Place an empty clip on stage (createEmptyMovieClip...),
                  Mask it with a clip of 300 by 300
                  load the desired clip (method depending on flash version you're targeting)
                  and make a scollbar clip that positions the loaded clip (by the name of the earlier created empty clip) acording to the position of the slider.

Tricky part would be determing when the clip has finished loading if you target players before 7. Also it might be (I'm not sure right now, would have to check it out) that you have to re-mask the clip once the external one has finished loading.

I don't kow If that helps you, but it might provide a general idea.

If you need more hints, I'll try to be of help.