• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver files panel refuses to give up focus to the main edit space

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing an issue that is new and which seems to be constant. Here's how I duplicate the issue when I test (attempted) fixes:

1.  I open Dreamweaver, including the "Files" panel. In my configuration, I'm using three monitors and the "Files" panel is not docked; it floats free on a separate monitor from the main coding/edit interface.

2.  I open a file and click to edit a section of code; the cursor appears to behave normally.

3.  I click a file in the "Files" panel and then I click the upward-facing arrow to upload that file.

4a.  I click on the main interface to resume editing my code then select a section of code by dragging the mouse across it to highlight it (it appears to highlight normally).

5a. I hit the "Delete" key, expecting the highlighted code to be deleted.

6.  I get a message that asks me if I really want to delete the selected file.

The expected behavior is that the focus would automatically switch from the "Files" panel to the main coding/editing interface once I click there; the fact that I'm able to successfully highlight code there definitely seems to mean that the panel perceives my mouse input...

Upon further testing I discovered that while the mouse seems to be correctly focused, it's the keyboard that isn't.  Substituting the following steps in the above list demonstrates this:

4b. I click on the main interface to resume editing and attempt to type - nothing happens even though I can see the cursor right where I clicked the mouse and can move the cursor by clicking various places with the mouse. The keyboard's arrow keys do nothing.

5b. I check the "Files" panel and discover a highlighted file. I Ctrl-Click that file to manually deselect it and then click back over to the main coding/editing interface and it now responds normally to keyboard input.

I'm using Windows 10 Professional and Dreamweaver build 9314.  I'm using a single wired keyboard which has no advanced functionality (i.e. it's not programable or fancy).  I don't have this problem with any other software (so far as I am aware). Let me know if there's any other system data that would be useful. 

I attempted to search the forums for an answer but the only thing I found that seems related is from several years ago and it was reportedly fixed; for reference it's located at Files panel stealing focus after saving and automatically uploading .

Any help would be appreciated at this is disruptive to my workflow.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

<1.  I open Dreamweaver, including the "Files" panel. In my configuration, I'm using three monitors and the "Files" panel is not docked; it floats free on a separate monitor from the main coding/edit interface.>

Short answer. Don't un-dock panels.

Dreamweaver Help | Known issues | Dreamweaver CC 2017

If you have a way to make a screencast, submit it with a Bug/Feature Request so Adobe can log this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

<1.  I open Dreamweaver, including the "Files" panel. In my configuration, I'm using three monitors and the "Files" panel is not docked; it floats free on a separate monitor from the main coding/edit interface.>

Short answer. Don't un-dock panels.

Dreamweaver Help | Known issues | Dreamweaver CC 2017

If you have a way to make a screencast, submit it with a Bug/Feature Request so Adobe can log this.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines