• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context-sensitive help in Robohelp v8 and v12 not displaying properly

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I had started authoring a Webhelp project using Robohelp 8, and have recently upgraded to Robohelp v12 (2015). The project contains roughly 500 topics, and is supposed to provide context-sensitive help for our Javascript-based application. Prior to upgrading Robohelp, when CS help is called from within the application (running on IE11), the CS help appears in a dynamic sized window displaying the topic related to the screen from which it was called (I used the CS Help tool in RH8 to link up map IDs to topics).

Now that the project has been opened in and upgraded to RH12, the CS help calls no longer work as they once did. Now, when a user clicks the ? button in the app on any given screen, a separate window opens to the Welcome topic (the project's default landing page) and displays the TOC in the left pane, instead of launching the individual topic tied to the screen from which it's called.

When I view the whcshdata.htm file generated by RH12, it is missing large chunks of data compared to the previous whcshdata.htm generated by RH8 (a whole body of text that appears to set the topic file to the map ID "SetCsh(2,"MA_SU_0004_0040",37440,"project_folder/suppliers/importing_suppliers.htm"). Is there something I am doing differently when I compile the help project? Or is there some sort of setting that I need to change in the project settings? Your help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue but from a newly upgraded file to RH2015. My colleagues, also using RH2015, are not having the issue. We have found that the context-sensitive topics appear normally in Chrome but not IE11. My project is also very large - larger than any other project we have published to WebHelp. I wonder if that is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this thread is old but we are having the same issue.  We are using RH 2015 and generating WebHelp and using the latest version of Internet Explorer 11 as our browser.  When using CS help, IE opens the Help to the TOC, but not to the CS topic.  The CS Help does work in Chrome and Firefox, just not in IE.  I've downloaded the latest patches and hot fixes to RH 2015 and am in process of testing.  Has anyone come up with a solution to this yet?  Thank you, Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp