4 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2006 1:04 AM by Peter Grainge

How to remove RoboPDF from right-click menu

drainaud
      Hello,

Is there a way to have RoboPDF not show up on my right-click menu options? I don't want to remove RoboPDF from my computer, just don't want it on my right-click menu. Thanks for any help.

Diane
        • 1. Re: How to remove RoboPDF from right-click menu
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional
          You might do better asking this question on a general Windows forum.

• 2. Re: How to remove RoboPDF from right-click menu
            CraigCC Level 2
            Diane,

as peter says this cannot be done via the RoboPDF interface and I think the only way to remove items from the shorcut menus is to mess around with the registry settings - good luck! Why do you want to remove robopdf from the shortcut menus out of interest?

cheers
            Craig
            • 3. Re: How to remove RoboPDF from right-click menu
              drainaud Level 1
              It's not really so important that I remove it, but it came up as a curiosity when the thought came to me. I recently installed a program called UltraCompare Professional (not related to RoboHelp products) and it put an option on the right-click menu that included the full path of document most recently opened that the program "thinks" I might want to compare. Those document paths made the right-click menu so wide it was nearly all the way across the screen. Since I'd rather make document selections in UltraCompare from the program interface rather than the right-click menu, I investigated and found that there is an option within UltraCompare called "Integrate With Explorer" that toggles UltraCompare on or off on the right-click menu. When it's turned off, the right-click menu window decreases in width. So...that led me to look at what options were on the right-click menu and I noticed the 3 RoboPDF options which I never use, so I thought "Oh, I'll remove these as well"...just because I thought I might be able to remove them as easily as I could the UltraCompare. When I couldn't find out how, I became curious.

So that's the long answer ... as I said, it really nothing important.

Thanks to you both for taking the time to answer.

Diane
              • 4. Re: How to remove RoboPDF from right-click menu
                Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional
                UltraEdit and associated programs have been designed to give those options, unfortunately RH was not.