• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web Service Client Certificates?

New Here ,
May 18, 2006 May 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can ColdFusion call a web service that requires a client certificate?

I have 2 CF web servers, one is the provider and one is the consumer (both CF MX7 Enterprise on Windows 2K). The consumer can access the provider web service under SSL, but when I change the IIS settings to require client certificates, the connection fails. Does CF have the capability of sending a certificate?

I have read many past posts and I have loaded the necessary (I think) certificates into the keystore. Even if the certificate is present, it appears there is no method for getting CF to pass the certificate.

Thanks.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2006 May 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to follow up on this question since no one has been able to answer. I assume CF can not access a web service that requires a client certificate for authentication. Does anyone know if this can be done by directly calling one of the many Java classes that ship with CFMX7?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 22, 2006 May 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use CFX_HTTP5 to issue HTTP request with the client certificate. However, you would need to create the entire service request on your own. Also, I remember that there was a post that somebody used CFX_HTTP5 to implement a proxy for this: instead of callig Web-service directly you use an intermediate page to attach a certificate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2006 May 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the reply Mr. Black. I was hoping for cleaner solution, if I find one I will post it here. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation