2 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2006 3:11 AM by asprinwizard

Making target area invisible

asprinwizard
      Hi There,

I have am working on a Flash application where the user drags icons (movie clips) onto a target area of the screen. The problem is that this target area (another movie clip) needs to be transparent. So I set its visibility to false, but now the application won't work. The events will not be carried out unless the visibility of this movie clip is set to true. Is this correct?

If so how can I hide the target area movie clip and still get it to work so that when icons are dragged over it they execute the required events. I suppose I could move it to a layer underneath the main screen but is there a better way?
        • 1. Re: Making target area invisible
          Level 7
          Hi!

Set the _alpha value for the MC to 0%. You wont see it, but hitTest will
          still work.

/Jensen/

"asprinwizard" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e4hehb$sm2$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi There,
          >
          > I have am working on a Flash application where the user drags icons (movie
          > clips) onto a target area of the screen. The problem is that this target
          > area
          > (another movie clip) needs to be transparent. So I set its visibility to
          > false,
          > but now the application won't work. The events will not be carried out
          > unless
          > the visibility of this movie clip is set to true. Is this correct?
          >
          > If so how can I hide the target area movie clip and still get it to work
          > so
          > that when icons are dragged over it they execute the required events. I
          > suppose
          > I could move it to a layer underneath the main screen but is there a
          > better way?
          >

• 2. Re: Making target area invisible
            asprinwizard Level 1
            Of course. That works great. Many thanks for your help.