• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spinning wheel every time I press 'delete'

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem that recently started occurring when I switched to Indesign CC2017. Basically, whenever I press the 'delete' key while typing in Indesign I get the spinning wheel and it takes at least 5–6 seconds to catch up. This is incredibly frustrating and is really slowing down my workflow. I don't want to have to type everything out in RTF and copy paste it over. I would prefer to be able to type my content directly into Indesign without it locking up every time I press the delete key.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Have you tried turning off Live Preflight? I find that negatively affects performance.

Here's how to disable Live Preflight: At the bottom of an InDesign file's window, click the arrow next to the preflight status and uncheck "Enable Preflight for All Documents".

InDesign CCScreenSnapz001.png

NOTE: You could only disable it for that one file by unchecking "Preflight Document" but I keep the Live Preflight until I need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning off Live Preflight? I find that negatively affects performance.

Here's how to disable Live Preflight: At the bottom of an InDesign file's window, click the arrow next to the preflight status and uncheck "Enable Preflight for All Documents".

InDesign CCScreenSnapz001.png

NOTE: You could only disable it for that one file by unchecking "Preflight Document" but I keep the Live Preflight until I need it.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! I figured it was something simple. Thanks for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, I'm glad I could help!

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines