Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove plugin specific preferences

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are using adobe illustrator preferences to store some data. User can update or reinstall our plugin from a 3rd party installer. The problem I'm seeing is, The preferences won't go once I uninstall the plugin.

So my question is,

1) Is it possible to just delete preferences created from my plugin out side illustrator (Through some script or program)?

2) Is there any documentation on how to process the preference file getting generated from illustrator?

Thanks,

Pralhad

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) No, short of parsing the preferences yourself

2) No, but it's not very complicated. Just take a look at it, it's pretty straight forward.

The only complicated bit is strings, which look like this:

/image_filename [ 47

433a5c55736572735c616e647265775c4465736b746f705c4e45315f48525f4c

435c4e45315f48525f4c432e746966

]

That just indicates that the value has 47 characters, and then you read the block after in two-character chunks. So, for example, the first four characters in the above are:

43 = C

3a = :

5c = \

55 = U

And so on.

You can find examples of most of the other preferences. If you're just deleting though, it should be pretty easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why is it a problem that the preferences are not being deleted? I don't know of any other plugin that deletes preferences when it is uninstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines