• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images are blurry in CC 2015

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I'm using InDesign CC 2015 and placed images show up blurry while in the application as well as once exported to PDF.  Peers using CS6 can insert the same image and it renders perfectly clear.  I've looked through the forums and I'm using a high-quality display.  Can someone assist?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Here's some background on display performance, just as an fyi:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-display-performance-controls-theyre-everywhere/

Based on the screen shot above, there are two things to check: the image resolution and the PDF export settings.

1. Select the image and open Window > Links. What is the Effective PPI for the selected image? (Shown in the bottom half of the panel.)
  2. When you export to PDF, which preset do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked through the forums and I'm using a high-quality display.

High quality display appears in Preferences, in the Object menu and in the View menu. Which one are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.  After reading your post I made the adjustment in all three.  The image looks fine in InDesign, but degrades during export.  The one on the right is after export.

choice 2.pngchoice 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's some background on display performance, just as an fyi:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-display-performance-controls-theyre-everywhere/

Based on the screen shot above, there are two things to check: the image resolution and the PDF export settings.

1. Select the image and open Window > Links. What is the Effective PPI for the selected image? (Shown in the bottom half of the panel.)
  2. When you export to PDF, which preset do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what PDF viewer are you using when viewing the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat Pro DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines