2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2016 3:50 AM by Test Screen Name

PDF/A

michaelb94773155

I successfully converted a PDF-document to PDF/A-1b using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

The subsequent test also was successful.

But when I used the 3-Heights PDF Validator Online Tool I received the folowing output:

... pdf does not conform to PDF/A.

Validating file

The key Metadata is required but missing.

The key S has a value Transparency which is prohibited.

The value of the key ca is 0 but must be 1.0.

The value of the key ca is 0.8 but must be 1.0.

The value of the key Interpolate is true but must be false.

The value of the key SMask is an image but must be None.

A device-specific color space (DeviceRGB) without an appropriate output intent is used.

The document does not conform to the requested standard.

The document contains device-specific color spaces.

The document contains illegal rendering hints (unknown intents, interpolation, transfer and halftone functions).

The document contains transparency.

The document's meta data is either missing or inconsistent or corrupt.

How can I convert my PDF to PDF/A-1b using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC while correcting the problems mentioned above?

• 1. Re: PDF/A
          michaelb94773155 Level 1

I'm sorry but I confused the error messages.

This is the one for the document which comforms to PDF/A-1b according to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC while the 3-Heights PDF Validator Online Tool disagrees:

Result Document does not conform to PDF/A.

Details

Validating file ... for conformance level pdfa-1b

pdfaExtension:schemas/*[0] :: Missing required field 'valueType' in value type 'Schema'.

pdfaExtension:schemas/*[1] :: Missing required field 'valueType' in value type 'Schema'.

The document does not conform to the requested standard.

The document's meta data is either missing or inconsistent or corrupt.

How can I convert my PDF to PDF/A-1b using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC while correcting the problems mentioned above?

• 2. Re: PDF/A
            Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

Tools sometimes disagree on their interpretation of the standard. There arent many experts around. Your best chance of reaching one is to post in thie forum: Standards & Accessibility (tagged PDF) I suggest you also include:

1. Your version of Acrobat DC.

2. Whether it is the permanent/frozen version or the evolving/subscription version.

3. A link to the PDF in question (you cannot share the file itself in the forum).