• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating After 2017 Issues are Fixed

Contributor ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still using Muse 2015.2 because from browsing this forum the 2017 release seems to be riddled with bugs.

My question is, when the bugs are fixed and I DO upgrade will there be a problem opening 2015.2 files in whatever the next version of Muse will be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

We do recommend to keep a backup copy of the previous version and check if you have no issues in the new version.

While doing this is you encounter any issue or new bug, you still have access to your previous version file.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please read View the full discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do recommend to keep a backup copy of the previous version and check if you have no issues in the new version.

While doing this is you encounter any issue or new bug, you still have access to your previous version file.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh yes, Ankus, i always keep a backup (or two, lol).

I just don't want to encounter not being able to open my sites if they are a couple of versions behind the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you will not be able to open Muse files made in the newer version with an older version.

If you have website updates to do when a new release of Muse comes out. Make all your updates, then download new Muse version, then when you reopen the Muse files again save as a new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the question is the other way round, Mike: It is possible to open .muse files of older versions in a new version, even if there are a couple versions between them. I manage to open documents of the first Muse release in the newest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines