• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop Module Crashes, Import dialog painfully slow

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a new (1 month old) Windows 10 computer.  After downloading Lr and PS CC's, all ran perfectly for 3 weeks.  After a recent Lr update (to 2015.8 I believe) going from the Library module to the Develop module occasionally hung up indefinitely.  After forcing a shut down and restarting Lr, it would work fine for a while, then get hung up again going into the Develop Module. 

Early this week my Windows 10 updated and now the Import Dialog takes 30 to 40 seconds to even respond to clicking on the import box, then takes another minute to actually show the thumbnails, then a full 20 seconds to react to selecting individual images for upload.  The actual process of importing the images seems to be as fast (or slow) as normal.  And the Develop Module still gets hung up and has to be forced to shut down. 

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have installed the latest driver for your graphic card?

Do you have tried to deactivate the GPU acceleration?

Take a llok here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot that the graphics card driver was also updated in the past week.  I just unchecked the graphics accelerator in the preferences, closed and reopened Lr and there is no difference, the import dialog still acts exactly as described above.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled Lr through Adobe CC.  No improvement.  I have another image editing program that has also become painfully slow to open and access old image files.  I am thinking that the latest W 10 update did me in...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would pull up the Windows Resource Monitor and see if it can give any ideas as to where your bottle necks are.

I am still on LR 2015.7 for my Win10 box. It moves right along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for the record, the problem had nothing to do with either Lightroom or Windows 10.  It seems that my backup hard drive, which is always connected for daily backups, blew it's brains out and would not allow Windows to access it.  Since Lr "sees" that disk in its list of picture sources it tried to access the failed disk for quite a while during the import dialog before giving up.  I found the problem by trying to access the disk just through windows explorer and it took a similar amount of time to finally give up and provide a message that the disk was inaccessible. 

The second problem, Lr getting hung while going from the Library module to the Development module hasn't happened for a while but I doubt that it is related to the first problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines