• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash downloads

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe - Just a note to let you all know - again - how annoying it is that you automatically select the download and installation of "Optional Offers" when I need to download an update to your Flash Player. Can you please stop doing this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.

As an alternative, Internet Explorer and Edge on Windows 8 and higher, and Google Chrome both include Flash Player as a built-in component, eliminating the need for downloading Flash Player as a separate component.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Google Chrome, and still get a "Download Flash" popup.

Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

As I'm in China, I'm certainly not going to trust your Chinese "partner" (2144) of whom even online Chinese are sceptical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you are using Google Chrome, Flash Player would be installed. You can check the version of Flash Player installed on your machine by clicking on "Check Now" button on Flash Player Help page.

The download page would open for Chrome, for users who would want to download and install Flash Player for Chromium browsers or who do not have the latest version of Flash Player with Chrome and want to use the latest one.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The page says it's installed in Chrome, as you say, so the pop-up must be for another (OS?) install.

I'll look around and delete it. I really hate Pop-Ups that refer me to Chinese sights just because my IP is in China - my Browser language should be a giveaway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To find out which process is launching the Update Notification dialog, do the following:

1. Launch regedit (C:\Windows\regedit.exe)
  2. Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayerUpdate > proc entry
  3. Post the entire path in the proc 'data' field

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_29_0_0_113_pepper.exe

But I uninstalled a version of FLash with "Pepper" and it's resolved. The file referred to here no longer exists.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for posting the requested information.

The file you posted is one of the Flash Player PPAPI (for Chromium-based browsers) files, and is the one that launches the Notification Update.  At some point, Flash player PPAPI plugin was installed on your system.  It then checked for an update, found one, created a RunOnce registry entry, which runs whenever you log into the system, and displays the Update Notification dialog.  If the only Chromium-based browser that you use is Chrome then there is no need to install Flash Player separately as Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines