2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2008 10:06 PM by Newsgroup_User

upgrade from MX 2004 to 11

Cliff Johnson
      I have just purchased the Windows upgrade from Director MX 2004 to Director 11.

Will running this upgrade obliterate Director MX 2004 and replace it with Director 11?

Or will I still have a working copy of Director MX 2004 as well?

The reason that I ask is that I am not entirely certain that my computer has the needed horsepower to run Director 11, and in that tragic event, I'd like to be able to fall back to Director MX 2004 until such a time when extra horsepower can be added.

Cliff
        • 1. Re: upgrade from MX 2004 to 11
          Level 7
          The upgrade will keep older versions intact - and there will be no conflicts
          in running multiple Directors. I have both Director MX 2004 and Director 11
          running fine on the same system.

"Cliff Johnson" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gich2u$ilq$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I have just purchased the Windows upgrade from Director MX 2004 to Director
          >11.
          >
          > Will running this upgrade obliterate Director MX 2004 and replace it with
          > Director 11?
          >
          > Or will I still have a working copy of Director MX 2004 as well?
          >
          > The reason that I ask is that I am not entirely certain that my computer
          > has
          > the needed horsepower to run Director 11, and in that tragic event, I'd
          > like to
          > be able to fall back to Director MX 2004 until such a time when extra
          > horsepower can be added.
          >
          > Cliff
          >

• 2. Re: upgrade from MX 2004 to 11
            Level 7
            The only thing you'll lose are default file associations. Once you've
            installed D11, double-clicking a *.dir file will open it in version 11
            and not MX2004.