• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My downloaded epub books are in PDF .acsm format and are then transferred to digital editions as PDF epub but when I then transfer those to my Kobo they remain as PDF epub and I cannot open them in my Kobo. Beleive they should be as PDF .acsm.

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my local library I have downloaded epub books which download as PDF .acsm.  I then transfer them to Digital Editions and they become PDF epub but when I then transfer those to my Kobo they remain as PDF epub and I cannot open them in my Kobo.  Beleive they should be as PDF .acsm.  Can someone please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you check out a book from your library the file.acsm is like a ticket which allows ADE to download the actual book which is file.epub.  You should be able to open and read the file.epub in ADE on your computer and use ADE to transfer the file.epub to your reader.

Therefore your problem is in transferring books from the computer to your Kobo.  There have been lots of posts on this subject with various solutions.  Search for posts with Kobo in the title and you may find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Roger,

Yes I am able to open and read the file.epub in ADE on my computer however when I transfer the file to my reader i am getting a message saying

“Adobe Acrobat Reader DC could not open. (book name.epub) because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged

(for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn’t correctly decoded)”

Tks/B.Rgds

Lynda Catalan

Gillespie-Munro Inc.,

740 Notre Dame St. W., Suite 1120,

Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3C 3X6

Tel: 514 871 1033, Toll Free (USA & Canada): 1 800 501 1770, Fax: 514 871 2186

For more information about our company please visit our website at WWW.GMUNRO.CA<http://www.gmunro.ca/>

All business undertaken is subject to current CIFFA Standard Trading Conditions.

Copies available upon request.

"There Is No Substitute For Experience"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The error message is for Acrobat Reader which does not read epub files.  How are you trying to transfer the book to your reader?  I believe you should be using Adobe Digital Editions which should 'see' your Kobo and allow you to transfer the book to the Kobo.  I am assuming that you have started ADE then attached the Kobo to the computer and turned it on.  The first time you do this ADE should ask you to 'Authorise device' which you do with the exact same Adobe ID you used for ADE on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines