Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with ftp

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I've got a problem with the ftp directly transfer from Muse. Some files are missing say the message when i want to look at it online ; that's here :

http://tykrapat.free.fr/Testing

If I export the html site from Muse and then upload it with another soft (Here I'm using Cyberduck ), it works well ; that's here :

http://tykrapat.free.fr

And when i compare the files inbetween these two websites, I don't see any difference. A guy who related the same problem (also hosted on a Free server) tells about an htaccess file created by muse with the first method. As for me I 'm not seeing this htaccess file, but it seems to me that I can't see these kind of files with Cyberduck (on Free server at least).

This is very painful for each update

Does someone have an idea ?

Niko

PS : some more information after the week end: after installing Filezilla, I could see the htaccess files and compared them (the one where it works an the one  in the folder "Testing" where it doesn't work.). And I don't see any difference. Does someone have another clue ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alain,

While upload through Muse internal FTP you get an option to choose "upload modified files only" and "upload all files".

For once could you please choose the "upload all files" and let me know if the issue still continues.

After doping this step you also might have to clear your system's browser cache.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush

Thank's for helping..

but that's what I already did :  all the files uplaoded and the browser cache cleared. And the problem is still there.

But i made a mistake when i said there's no difference inbetween the two websites on the server: On the site which doesn't work there is a htaccess file in the css, image and scripts folders and on the one working, there's no such files in the same folders.

In one of them i found this code :

# Auto-generated Muse file. Edits made to this file will be overwritten.

<FilesMatch ".css$">

<IfModule mod_headers.c>

Header set Cache-Control "max-age=2592000, public"

</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_expires.c>

ExpiresActive On

ExpiresDefault "access plus 30 days"

</IfModule>

</FilesMatch>

I guess these files are here to edit with inbrowserediting.. but as far as now it's seems to rather be a clue for not working well...

Niko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Niko,

I am checking with our engg. team regarding this issue.

Will let you know as soon as I will come up with a solution on this.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

if it can helps, I tried something today.

A very simple test made in the website which doesn't work : when I write in a webbrowser the adress of a css file (I verified the path of course), the webrowser indicate an error (file not found). Now if I desactivate the code in the htaccess file placed in the css folder, with exactly the same path, the webbrowser find it. I did the same with the others htaccess files in the others folders.. and now the website is working well. I'm not a developper and my skills are not good enough to know what's going wrong in the code of these htaccess files… or may be is this a problem of encoding which doesn' t match with this server.

For instance, here is the desactivated code ot the htaccess in the css folder.

# Auto-generated Muse file. Edits made to this file will be overwritten.

# <FilesMatch ".css$">

# <IfModule mod_headers.c>

# Header set Cache-Control "max-age=2592000, public"

# </IfModule>

# <IfModule mod_expires.c>

# ExpiresActive On

# ExpiresDefault "access plus 30 days"

# </IfModule>

# </FilesMatch>

Of course, if the htaccess is not functional, the inbrowserediting can't work and each update of the site is time consuming...

Niko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines