13 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2017 7:48 AM by EvilBugQueen1

Duplicate Questions

briandrews

I've accumulated a fairly large library of stock over time (license history says 4520 images) and I know there are a fair number of duplicates in there. So I'd like to find the duplicates and eliminate them, or at least request credit for them. But with such a large number of items, I'm not sure how to find them all. License History isn't of much use since I have 452 pages of it, and you can't search it or download it. So, is there any way of downloading the complete License History, or other way of accomplishing my task of identifying all the duplicates?

As an aside, Adobe shouldn't allow you (or should at least give you a warning) to download duplicates in the first place. I've seen many, many complaints in these forums from people requesting refunds for duplicate images. The UI for stock makes it very easy to license and download, so why not pop up a warning when licensing a duplicate?

• 1. Re: Duplicate Questions
          EvilBugQueen1 Adobe Employee

Hi Lisa,

I see what you mean, there is some work to be done on our License History page. I am curious of how you think you may have purchased duplicate images. Once you license an image it will show a badge showing that you have licensed it and the only way to license it a second time is to use the License again feature in License History. It is more likely that you purchased an image and later found a similar image.

EBQ

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Duplicate Questions
            briandrews Level 1

Hi EBQ,

Thanks for your reply. I don't know now exactly how the rampant duplication occurred, but here's a thought:

When I build a library of a large number of images that I haven't licensed yet (and when I say large number it's probably larger than 180 or so), often the badge doesn't appear. I'm using the most up to date version of Safari. So then I've been splitting the library in two so I can see the badges. That's a process that's quite rife with potential errors I think, and perhaps in that process Stock fails to display the badges and enables me to license an image again. I'm not sure.

I've never used the license again feature in License History, in fact I've never been there until recently when attempting to identify the duplicates. I know for sure I have duplicates because I've compared the numbers. I don't know if you can see my account or not, but if you look in the Lubashka library you'll find I have about 50 duplicates. I know there are a few duplicates in other libraries, but they're very difficult to find, hence my question about being able to download the license history list.

Thanks,

Lisa

• 3. Re: Duplicate Questions
              briandrews Level 1

Here is an example of an image that's somehow been duplicated. You'll see two #98764067 images side by side, both with the Licensed badge on them. While you can't see the stock number of both, believe me, they are the same. This happened during the normal license cycle, I have never hit the "License Again" button.

I'm not worried about a few lost credits, what concerns me more is Adobe Stock is not efficient to use. I know I'm not the only person who's wasted many hours using it - witness the multitude of refund requests from people who mistakenly licensed an image. I hope Adobe takes my complaint as another example of how they need to improve the Stock experience.

Duplicate Stock.png

• 4. Re: Duplicate Questions
                Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Can you check the image numbers on those duplicate images in your library?

- Click on the image to go to the image details

- Check the Image Numbers

It should be impossible to add two of the same image in a library. So something tells me that those images may be in the Stock database under two different stock numbers?

Also check your license history for duplicates and check the image numbers there as well. Your license History is a more accurate display of your actual licensed images than your libraries are.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Duplicate Questions

Hi Lisa,

I too am curious of what the ID # is for each of these images. I only see one instance of ID: 98764067 in your license history.

EBQ

• 6. Re: Duplicate Questions
                    briandrews Level 1

Hi Brad,

Thanks for writing. I did check the image numbers and they are identical. I would check the license history (did attempt that once) as you suggested, but it only displays 10 items per page and I have over 600 pages. That volume makes it virtually impossible to use it for anything useful. Hence the reason for my original post, to see if there is anyway to sort it or download it. I guess the answer is no.

I know I have other duplicates too, and as I noted above, I have another library where I counted 50. So my main complaint was the system shouldn't allow you to license something you've already licensed. But from what both you and EBQ said, that should be impossible to do, but somehow I have. Hence, I believe Adobe has some problems in their system.

Again, I don't really care about the credits, I'd just like to see Adobe improve the whole stock experience.

• 7. Re: Duplicate Questions

Actually, you can 'license' images many times. In fact if you use it for more than one client you are required to license it for each client. However, you should not be able to have the same image more than once in a library.

So I would think there is something definitely strange happening with your account. This may be a case where you may need to give an Adobe Support Employee access to your account to further investigate. I have tried over and over to replicate what you have experienced and can't get it to happen.

What you are experiencing is not normal.

• 8. Re: Duplicate Questions
                        briandrews Level 1

The id on the duplicate I referred to above is #98764067, and it appears on both images in my library. That's interesting you were able to search for it in my license history (wish I could do that), but that probably proves I didn't waste a credit after all. So that might indicate my duplicate problem is really just a problem with image display. I'd call that good news.

By the way, I notice that stock behaves a bit differently depending on which browser you use. I haven't done extensive testing (I just need to get my work done), but have noticed the following with Safari vs. Firefox:

Safari stops displaying the "License" badge when you get to a fairly large library. I don't know what the magic number is, but believe it's around 180 items. The sort order appears random. When the badge's stop displaying, perhaps that's how I'm able to license a duplicate? I've tested this on two computers with identical results, both completely up to date Macs.

When Safari stops displaying badges, then if I switch to Firefox they reappear. Also, the sort order is different with the badged items appearing first. In this regard I believe Firefox is better behaved with Stock than Safari.

So why shouldn't I use Firefox all the time? Because it's slower and since Safari is my main browser, I don't want to have to switch back and forth. I hope this info helps narrow down the problem.

• 9. Re: Duplicate Questions

Brian,

You have some strange issues happening. I also use Safari simply because I like it best. I have not experienced any of the badges disappearing or anything. The only way possible to license an image more than once is to go to the license history, click on license again and then confirm that is what you want to do in the resulting pop up. You cannot license an image twice from a library or web site UI.

Are you running any browser plug ins or anything? Maybe try disabling them to see if it makes a difference.

• 10. Re: Duplicate Questions
                            briandrews Level 1

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your help with this. I'm satisfied now after EBQ's last post that I've licensed all the images I was entitled to, so I suspect this a browser issue. I've experienced the badge problem on two Mac's, both of which are completely up to date. I prefer Safari too, but will switch to Firefox from now on when dealing with a large stock library. Your idea about plugin's interfering is a possibility I hadn't considered. I checked and don't see anything too radical, just the standard stuff like the Adobe plug-ins and Java.

• 11. Re: Duplicate Questions

Hi Lisa,

Can you confirm that the image ID for the duplicate images in your screenshot are the same or different? Thanks!

EBQ

• 12. Re: Duplicate Questions
                                briandrews Level 1

Hi EBQ,

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been away for a few days. Yes, I can confirm that the duplicate image I showed above in the screen shot is indeed a real duplicate in the library. I compared the image id's and they are indeed the same. I know that isn't a one shot problem, I have another library with a bunch of duplicates. Form an earlier post where you looked at my license history, I'm pretty confident now that I didn't license a duplicate. But there is something happening where duplicates appear in the library.

If I can help you debug the problem I'm happy to help. But otherwise I'll move on to other things now.

• 13. Re: Duplicate Questions

Hi Lisa,

I have forwarded this thread to members of the engineering team. I'm going to send you a private message so we can troubleshoot this.

EBQ