• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After upgrading from a "stand alone" version of Lightroom to the CC subscription version, I can't upload my pictures from my external harddrive into Lightroom. HELP!!

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photos will no longer load from my external hard drive into this newer version of Lightroom. HELP!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows? What version?

What exact version of Lightroom?

What are your Import dialog settings? (screen capture can be helpful)

What is the exact wording of the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg Washington  (to Greg Washington) 1 minute ago

Hi!

Version - Windows 10 Home

Lightroom version - LightroomCC  2015

Exact wording - Some import operations were not performed.

Import dialog - Import.  Left side of screen.

Please select a source.

I highlight my external drive, then select the folder I want to import.

Click on Import. Right side of screen.

Picture boxes show up with the file name at the bottom of the box and also with the  following words

Preview unavailable for this file ".

I click on Import on the right side off screen. This is when I get the "Some operations were not performed" error

message".

• Helpful • CommentActions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Version - Windows 10 Home

Lightroom version - LightroomCC  2015

Import dialog - Import.  Left side of screen.

Please select a source.

I highlight my external drive, then select the folder I want to import.

Click on Import. Right side of screen.

Picture boxes show up with the file name at the bottom of the box and also with the  following words

Preview unavailable for this file ".

I click on Import on the right side off screen. This is when I get the "Some operations were not performed" error

message".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what does the error message say after that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says nothing. Just gives me the option to click OK or SAVE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of LR were you using before you signed up for the subscription.

Please Be Exact. Saying the latest stand alone doesn't mean anything.

What exact version of the subscription base version is installed on your system. Again be exact, Help > "About Adobe PS LR".

You should not need to import any images. All you have to do is open the LR catalog file you were using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6. My subscription base version is Adobe PhotoshopLightroom CC.  release 2015.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be advised that LR 6 and LR CC 2015 are exactly the same program, same download and same files installed on your system. The difference comes from what Adobe ID you use to sign in.

If you use an Adobe ID that IS associated with a subscription it becomes the CC version.

If you use an Adobe ID that is NOT and never has been associated with a subscription plan it becomes the 6 version and asks for a serial number.

Also once an Adobe ID is associated with a subscription plan is can never be Un-associated with that subscription plan. So if you ever need to go back to the stand alone 6 version you will need to create a second Adobe ID.

There is no need to Reimport any images. Just open your original LR catalog file, File menu item > Open Catalog and browse to your original LR catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your explanation. But I believe I used the wrong term when I said I upgraded. The computer I was using for photography CRASHED!! This computer had the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 version. I purchase a new computer and decided to go for the subscription based Adobe product(s).After downloading Ps and Lr, I notice that I could bring up any of my old photo files, but could not load any new files / folders that I created after the new installation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you, Do you know how to, access the hard drive from that crashed computer? Depending on what made the system crash, except for a completely failed internal hard drive, there are ways to copy the data from the hard drive in that crashed system over to another external HDD or to another computer. You would then be able to retrieve the original LR catalog file.

But if the external drive you are having problems importing images from on your new computer is the same one you used on the older computer that crashed I suspect it is actually that external drive that is giving you the problem and maybe even the problem on the old system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines