24 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2017 3:42 PM by mikej88481553

Having no luck with Canon 5D Mark IV tethered shooting in Lightroom CC 2015.8

MarkKeeferPhoto

Having no luck with Canon 5D Mark IV tethered shooting in Lightroom CC.

The support page lists the camera as being supported for tethering. Lightroom sees the camera, it comes up as Canon 5D Mark IV, the camera is on and USB cable is connected, click the LR shutter button, nothing happens.

Tethered shooting works fine in Canon EOS Utility 3.

I followed all Adobe's support page instructions for troubleshooting. Removed preferences file, restarted lightroom cc.
      Behaves the same.

Maybe I am doing something wrong or maybe there are some bugs in the support for the 5D Mark IV tethered support in LR CC. I had used my 6D tethered in LR 5, I know how it is supposed to work. Any suggestions?

I have talked to someone who has it working with Windows 10.

I am running Windows 8.1 with latest updates.
      Adobe Lightroom CC 2015.8 release.

Lightroom sees the camera, just does not see the settings and does not release the shutter when pushing the shutter button. If I pull the USB cable it sees the camera is gone. Really puzzled.

I still have Adobe Lightroom 5.7 64Bit installed on my machine alongside of Lightroom CC 2015.8, but I am trying this with Lightroom CC 2015.8.

I have gone into my preferences folder and removed the preferences files and restarted Lightroom CC 2015.8.

Lightroom sees the camera, just does not see the settings and does not release the shutter when pushing the shutter button. If I pull the USB cable it sees the camera is gone.

I have tried it with memory cards and without memory cards.

This is my screen with the camera connected, you can see LR sees the camera.

Capture LR edited.jpg

Hoping the techs here can help me resolve this.