4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2017 3:00 AM by michaelm36596694

PSE 15

michaelm36596694

I have two questions to the Elements Organizer 15:

1. The quick edit from the Organizer is gone? Why it was very practical to achieve quick picture edits.

2. If you "star" your Picture and you edit it, then you save it as a version to the old one - the rating is still with the old and not with the new picture.

This is a pain to sort and export picture, why has this logic changed in version 15?

Thanks for hints - or if you think you will fix this again in a patch.

• 1. Re: PSE 15
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you referring to the “Instant Fix” button on the right?

It is now improved and has been moved left, next to the “Editor” button. You can also adjust a batch of images as well as individual photos.

See my blog for the recent changes and new features:

99jon tech: Adobe Announces Photoshop Elements 15

If you open an image that already has a star rating and then make editing changes when you save the new image will have the same star rating as the original plus the saved changes.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PSE 15
            Anwesha Dev Chaudhary Adobe Employee

Instant Fix feature has been revamped in PSE15 to include some nice one click edits and adjustments plus batch editing. Its icon is present on Action Bar, next to Slideshow icon.

For detailed instructions on this feature, please see Fixing photos in Elements Organizer

Thanks,

Anwesha

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: PSE 15
              michaelm36596694 Level 1

Thank you for your answer. I found the Instant Fix - but it still opens a new window. This was not the case in the old version. Therefore it's not as quick anymore (not so efficient).

When you use the normal Editor and choose to save it back as a version - it still looses his star rating. This is maybe a bug.

(I use the German version).

• 4. Re: PSE 15
                michaelm36596694 Level 1

Thank you for your answer. I found the Instant Fix - but it still opens a new window. This was not the case in the old version. Therefore it's not as quick anymore (not so efficient). As well in the old version there was an "auto" fix for the color and the contrast. now you have to move the mouse up an down until you have your result. I find it not a as quick.

Maybe my way of working is different than others - I like PSE for the 80/20 quick win. I inventory my 40'000 pictures sort, but into albums. If I really want to make it perfect then I don't need the quick edit button (what are now not quick anymore) and use the the normal editor from PSE or then change to LR. (Maybe take it as costumer feedback use it since version 8 or so).