• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant error 16 on MacOS (10.11.6)

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to open my Lightroom this morning, which worked last week perfectly and get the "Error 16".

Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-18 um 17.43.25.png

Searching for resolution I found  the following and tried it

(a) Restore permission on license folder   ( Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/SLStore and Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD)

==> this didn't work

(b) I de-installed and installed the product  (=> this didn't work)

(c) I tried to start LR with a user account with ADMIN rights  -  Here the software works, but this is not a permanent solution as I don't want to work with ADMIN rights

(d) Found a shell script to remove ACL "LightroomCorrectPermission" - I ran this script ... didn't help

Does anybody has a resolution for that??

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

I have the same issue. I followed this thread, getting Error: 16 after installing and trying to start , that suggested I give my specific account ID read/write permission to /Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/, that the Lightroom would run fine. It does fix the problem. However, that makes absolutely no sense on a Mac. Apps are installed globally. There is no need to set user specific permissions. Something is broken.

However, that makes absolutely no sense. Apps are installed globally for ALL use

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I followed this thread, getting Error: 16 after installing and trying to start , that suggested I give my specific account ID read/write permission to /Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/, that the Lightroom would run fine. It does fix the problem. However, that makes absolutely no sense on a Mac. Apps are installed globally. There is no need to set user specific permissions. Something is broken.

However, that makes absolutely no sense. Apps are installed globally for ALL users. There is no need to set user specific permissions. Something is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot - I was already desperate.

Your tip really fixed it - I can access my LR now without ADMIN rights. I and totally agree with you, that this doesn't fit to my idea how the security system on Mac is working.

Nevertheless .... Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines