5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2017 5:00 PM by Kevin-Monahan

troubles with encoding mpeg2 files

sergeyg69073973

Good day.

I'm running AE at OS X El Capitan ver 10.11.6

Use it AE for upscaling video materials from SD to HD to get mpg2 HD video files. Last week there appeared some problems: one of them is a render error code -1609629695. I canont find any information about this error. It apears with different source files.

The other is time for trancoding, it became much longer: two weeks ago it took about 17hours to transcode 90 min of source video, today it tooks more then 50 hours.

Maybe it should be readressed to encoder topic, but everything works ok if i transcode video from Premiere pro.

really waiting fo r any help with the error -1609629695 and any suggestions about the transcoding speed.

• 1. Re: troubles with encoding mpeg2 files
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

Use it AE for upscaling video materials from SD to HD to get mpg2 HD video files. two weeks ago it took about 17hours to transcode 90 min of source video, today it tooks more then 50 hours.

90 minutes is a VERY long time for Ae. is this some special plugin you couldn't use Premiere for? to upscale SD or HD at this magnitude I would use an NLE software or some other dedicated software to handle just that, not Ae . if you do choose to scale in Premiere make sure you check "use maximum render quality" which is supposed to make quality better for scaled footage. a decent supported GPU card is also a very good idea for these kinds of intensive projects in Premiere or AME.

• 2. Re: troubles with encoding mpeg2 files
            sergeyg69073973 Level 1

I use AE, because its detail preserv upscale plugin showed results good enough for my purposes, premiere's results are worse. And everything was pretty ok, but two weeks ago appeared these problems.

• 3. Re: troubles with encoding mpeg2 files
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

sergeyg69073973 wrote:

two weeks ago it took about 17hours to transcode 90 min of source video, today it tooks more then 50 hours.

Did anything change on your computer? You might check your hard drives to make sure there is plenty of room. It might be a difference in the kind of source footage, the drive from which it is pulling the source footage, the drive to which it is rendering the final composition, the encoding settings...Really any number of things.

What, exact, version of AE are you using?

• 4. Re: troubles with encoding mpeg2 files
                sergeyg69073973 Level 1

I'm using AE ver 14.0.1.5

I've double checked information about changes and found nothing. I've tryed differetn variants for source and targets location (source at hard drive target at external drive, both at hard drive, both at external drive, used different external drives etc) and nothing helped.

As for the room there are always more than 100gb free.

• 5. Re: troubles with encoding mpeg2 files
                  Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi SergeyG,

Are you still receiving this error? Any solution yet?

Thanks,

Kevin