11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2017 10:03 AM by DavidNg-UCSF-ITFS

converting in PDF via Outlook - no JPGs attached?

keRam

Hi everyone,

I just can't figure out, why during the conversion of Emails in Outlook to PDF the attached JPGs in the Mail are not included. Almost every other attachement, appears in the convertet PDF. Is there a explenation for this? Are there other File-Types which are excluded from the conversion?

Thank you!

Software:

Win10

Outlook 13

AcrobatPro 11

• 1. Re: converting in PDF via Outlook - no JPGs attached?
          Adorobat Adobe Employee

Hi keRam,

Could you please check the following settings: 

1- Launch Outlook>click ADOBE PDF tab

2- Click Change Conversion Settings

3- Under Attachments>check if Include all attachments in the Adobe PDF is selected.

What is the dot version of Acrobat XI Pro installed on your computer?

To check the version of Acrobat, launch Acrobat>navigate to Help menu>select About Adobe Acrobat XI Pro

• 2. Re: converting in PDF via Outlook - no JPGs attached?
            keRam Level 1

In the settings all attachments are included. I've even tried it with Acrobat Pro DC, but same issue.

Are there any restrictions concerning the attachments?

• 3. Re: converting in PDF via Outlook - no JPGs attached?
              Adorobat Adobe Employee

Hi keRam,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Could you please try checking following setting in Acrobat PDFMaker:

1- Under Adobe PDF tab>Change Conversion Settings

2- If it is checked, uncheck the box Block download of external content>OK

If that doesn't work, try checking update for Acrobat:

Launch Acrobat>click Help menu>select Check for Updates

Please confirm the version of Acrobat XI Pro installed on the machine.

Under Help menu>select About Adobe Acrobat XI Pro

• 4. Re: converting in PDF via Outlook - no JPGs attached?
                niklasfritz

Hi,

i have the same problem. Unfortunately the possible solutiuons didn't work (include all attachments selected, block download of ext. content not checked and no updates are avaiable).

I use Windows 10, Outlook 2016 and Adobe Acrobat Standard DC.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

• 5. Re: converting in PDF via Outlook - no JPGs attached?
                  Adorobat Adobe Employee

Hi niklasfritz,

Could you please try repairing Acrobat and see if that works?

Launch Acrobat>click Help>select Repair Installation

Thank You,

Shivam

• 6. Re: converting in PDF via Outlook - no JPGs attached?
                    niklasfritz Level 1

Hi Shivam,

thanks for your reply!

I repaired Acrobat und restarted the computer, but jpeg's are still not included in the converted PDF's.

in the meantime i found a "workaround": if i copy the mail as *.msg-file on the desktop (or some other location), open it with outlook and convert to PDF the jpegs are included. Unfortunately this is no practicable solution when you have many mails to convert, but maybe it could be a hint...

Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Niklas

• 7. Re: converting in PDF via Outlook - no JPGs attached?
                      Adorobat Adobe Employee

Hi niklasfritz,

Could you please try reinstalling Acrobat and see if that helps?

1- Download and run Cleaner tool for Acrobat from here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

2- Restart the computer.

3- Download Acrobat DC from one of the following links:

For Subscription: Download and install Acrobat DC subscription

For Serial number: Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, XI, or X                                                

• 8. Re: converting in PDF via Outlook - no JPGs attached?
                        niklasfritz Level 1

Hi Adorobat,

i reinstalled Acrobat as described. But the problem still exists....

Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Niklas

• 9. Re: converting in PDF via Outlook - no JPGs attached?
                          Adorobat Adobe Employee

Hi Niklas,

Could you please try launching Acrobat as an administrator and see if it works?

Close Acrobat>locate Acrobat shortcut on the desktop>right-click>Run as administrator.

If that doesn't work, try to change compatibility setting under Acrobat shortcut following the steps mentioned below:

1- Close Acrobat, select Acrobat shortcut>right-click>Properties>Compatibility tab.

2- Check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows 7 from the drop-down list.

3- Apply>OK and relaunch Acrobat.

Could you please confirm dot version of Acrobat running on the machine?

To do that, launch Acrobat>click Help>select About Adobe Acrobat DC

• 10. Re: converting in PDF via Outlook - no JPGs attached?
                            niklasfritz Level 1

Hi Adorobat,

First i started Acrobat as an administrator. Then i tried to convert an email with Outlook PDF-Maker Addin. But when Acrobat is running as an administrator (in the background) the progessbar stops at 10% an nothing more happend.

Then i changed the compatibility settings. But the converted Emails doesn't contain jpeg's. So the Problem is still the same.

Acrobat Version is 15.023.20070.19033.

Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Niklas

• 11. Re: converting in PDF via Outlook - no JPGs attached?
                              DavidNg-UCSF-ITFS

I am a Desktop Engineer at University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and we are still trying to solve an aging issue here where converting Outlook emails to PDF's skip JPG attachments while other attachments are included in the PDF without problems.  In my IT lab environment, I installed Windows 10 LTSB (straight from Microsoft's ISO), Office 2016 and the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC downloaded from Adobe's website.  I ran some tests on converting a few emails to PDF.  The JPG attachments are still excluded from the PDF so now I know it has nothing to do with any of our GPO settings or software patches.  However, I read somewhere that the workaround to this is to drag the email to the Desktop, open it and convert it to PDF from there.  Then all the JPG attachments are included.  Now the problem is this doesn't work when archiving an entire email folder in Outlook to PDF.  We need Adobe to fix this issue, especially on Adobe Acrobat Pro XI that most of our users are using.

***If an Adobe engineer is reading this, I cordially request to be contacted [email removed by moderator as per forum policy]so I can demonstrate this problem to you.***