3 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2006 8:35 AM by Newsgroup_User

Flash & mpg1?

jonereb
      I haven't used Flash since version 4.0, so please forgive my ignorance. At that time one could import MOV files and create interactive buttons to "go to" specific scenes in the movie. Can that now be done using an MPG1 or other file that is native to PC and Mac?
        • 1. Re: Flash & mpg1?
          Level 7
          Flash can import mpg just like mov - and will convert them to flv.

--
          Dave -
          Adobe Community Expert
          www.blurredistinction.com
          www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia/

• 2. Flash & mpg1?
            jonereb Level 1
            Thanks, Dave. I have to produce an interactive CD-ROM using two videos (one in English, one in Spanish). In addition, I need to be able to jump directly to specific areas on the video(s). The CD will need two menus. A main menu where the viewer can choose English or Spanish. Then a sub-menu where the viewer can choose to watch the entire video or jump directly to any part of the video...like chapter marks on a DVD. The video will need to play full screen, or as large as possible on the desktop....PC or Mac.

Is all of this possible in Flash? Is there a better authoring tool I should consider? Thanks.
            • 3. Re: Flash & mpg1?
              Level 7
              Director would be better for this amount of video.

"jonereb" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:e4nsbk$771$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Thanks, Dave. I have to produce an interactive CD-ROM using two videos
              > (one in
              > English, one in Spanish). In addition, I need to be able to jump directly
              > to
              > specific areas on the video(s). The CD will need two menus. A main menu
              > where
              > the viewer can choose English or Spanish. Then a sub-menu where the
              > viewer can
              > choose to watch the entire video or jump directly to any part of the
              > video...like chapter marks on a DVD. The video will need to play full
              > screen,
              > or as large as possible on the desktop.
              >
              > Is all of this possible in Flash? Is there a better authoring tool I
              > should
              > consider? Thanks.
              >