7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2006 5:24 AM by dibyadyuti

how to make and build a dinamic web project

CosaGaucha
      hi people, i just downloaded the flex 2 beta 3, and installed this "separated" of the eclipse application, but my question is ..
      how i have to create a new dinamic project, that contains the Web-Inf folder and Meta-Inf folder..?? off course that i have the java sdk installed, the eclipse and the flex environment....

can anybody help me with this?? i will really really apreciate this!!
      thanks in advance!!
      JP.
        • 1. Re: how to make and build a dinamic web project
          ntsiii Level 3
          Do you understand that Flex 2 is no longer server-based? And there is no WEB_INF anymore? Now, if you are doing FDS, Flex Data Services, this is server-side.

But in Flex 2, we compile the mxml and as directly, using either Flex Builder2 or mxmlc.

Tracy
          • 2. how to make and build a dinamic web project
            CosaGaucha Level 1
            Hi Tracy and thanks a lot for answer my question!!

that i´m trying to do is just make a dinamic web application using Flex, in order to make a example of RIA (rich internet app).. and i don´t know what steps do..

my "goal" is make a RIA using Apache tomcat, eclipse, flex and java, but i´m not sure how interact with all this tools.. thanks a lot for help me!!!
            • 3. Re: how to make and build a dinamic web project
              ntsiii Level 3
              Just start Flex builder, go to Help, select contents, then select "Getting Started with Flex 2.0". Read a little, then start the tutorials, especially "Create your First Application". Also see the samples that come with FB2.

Now, when you use the word "dynamic", exactly what do you mean?

Tracy
              • 4. Re: how to make and build a dinamic web project
                ntsiii Level 3
                Also, you will be using Tomcat and Java on the server to provide data to your client-side application.

You have several options, including RemoteObject, Webservices(Axis?), or HTTPService(it is very simple to use JSP to save and retrieve data and send it to the Flex client)

Post again if you get stuck.

By the way, General Flex questions should be posted in the General Discussion forum. This one is for Flex Builder questions.

Tracy
                • 5. Re: how to make and build a dinamic web project
                  CosaGaucha Level 1
                  quote:

Originally posted by: ntsiii
                  Also, you will be using Tomcat and Java on the server to provide data to your client-side application.

it´s rigth..

quote:

You have several options, including RemoteObject, Webservices(Axis?), or HTTPService(it is very simple to use JSP to save and retrieve data and send it to the Flex client)

All this options, in what tool are implemented?

quote:

Post again if you get stuck.

By the way, General Flex questions should be posted in the General Discussion forum. This one is for Flex Builder questions.

Tracy

yes, i know, i searched the site looking for a tutorial or something that refer how to related a website and a data in a database.... in order to make a form to manage the data..

thanks a lot!!!
                  • 6. Re: how to make and build a dinamic web project
                    arturo_cordoba
                    Hi:
                    People yesterday I received some news. A developer's group is working in a new project called "The Angelous". If you can give me some information about this, i will be happy because I need it a lot.

Thanks.

Arturo Yepes.
                    • 7. Re: how to make and build a dinamic web project
                      dibyadyuti
                      hello JP
                      i am new to flex,and facing same problem to access remote object using
                      http remote object.
                      if you can provide me a dynamic web project using flex,java,tomcat
                      then i will be glad to you.
                      please