5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2017 5:59 PM by jenniferg9285900

Photos exported from lightroom looks different on pc and iphone

jestir jan Level 1

When i'm developing an image inside lightroom i was expecting the same output after exporting it with srgb color profile. I am using foxstone viewer to view exact colors. But the image looks so much better inside lightroom develop module. I tried importing it on my iphone and the image looks brighter and a bit saturated on my phone Because i thought iphones displays exact colors. Do i have to depend on my iphone display to correct my image brightness ang saturation? My laptop is not calibrated.I am using lightroom cc 2015.5.1 on windows 7.

• 1. Re: Photos exported from lightroom looks different on pc and iphone
          dj_paige Level 9

Calibrate your laptop monitor. Calibrate your iPhone.

• 2. Re: Photos exported from lightroom looks different on pc and iphone
            Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I am pretty sure fasstone viewer does not color manage by default and so will always show you incorrect color even on calibrated displays. You need to calibrate your display using calibration hardware regardless. Also, except when your iPhone is a 6 or 7 model, do not expect the display quality to be that good as before that Apple wasn't really calibrating the screens that well. Also there are many settings on the phone that can mess up the color and contrast Such as the ambient adjustments they can do. Even the newer ones are not going to be very good although they are probably going to be better out of the box than a random uncalibrated computer display.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Photos exported from lightroom looks different on pc and iphone
              andrewb4_4 Level 1

I'm having the same problem I have a IPhone 6 and my photos in Lightroom look good but once I sync them to my Lightroom mobile app my pictures look different it's like they delete all my edits I'm not sure how to fix it

• 4. Re: Photos exported from lightroom looks different on pc and iphone
                Laura Shoe Adobe Community Professional

Hi Jestir,

You wrote, "When I'm developing an image inside lightroom I was expecting the same output after exporting it with sRGB color profile."  Lightroom essentially works in the ProPhoto color space, which is larger than sRGB - ProPhoto can contain and Lightroom can show you colors that are much more saturated than what sRGB can. If you have intensely saturated colors in your photo, these colors will be dampened down to fit into sRGB.

It's no surprise that your photos are displaying brighter on your iPhone. There is nothing in your image file that tells your device (iPhone, monitor) how brightly to set the display - your monitor and iPhone are just set to different brightness values. You could sit down at your computer with an image on your monitor and the same one on your phone and adjust brightness on your iPhone so they match and set your iPhone brightness preference to not automatically adjust, but next time you walk outdoors you'll find that your iPhone is way too dark for you to be able to read it - its brightness needs to be adjusted to varying ambient lighting conditions.

• 5. Re: Photos exported from lightroom looks different on pc and iphone
                  jenniferg9285900 Level 1

I have the same problem, dont know how to calibrate either.