• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to copy paste a mask from Illustrator to After Effects

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to learn how to do the write-on effect on After Effects with this video by Dan Stevers as a guide. Link is below:

Write-On Magic - After Effects Tutorial - YouTube

I'm trying to copy paste a mask from Illustrator to After Effects. In the video, Dan simply uses Command + C to copy and then Command + V to paste it into After Effects. I'm trying to do the same thing but it never pastes the mask to AE. Would anyone have an idea of how to solve this? I tried to create a clipping mask from the vector file first but this didn't help either. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Try to create a new mask in After Effects (any kind of mask, a circle is fine), then add a keyframe on the mask path value, put the timeline cursor on it and press cmd-v

Let me know if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to create a new mask in After Effects (any kind of mask, a circle is fine), then add a keyframe on the mask path value, put the timeline cursor on it and press cmd-v

Let me know if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the path in Illustrator and Ctrl/Cmnd + c to copy.

Inside After Effects select a layer, select the pen tool, click anywhere with the pen tool and set the first vertex, then Ctrl/Cmnd + v to paste. You've just about got to have the path started and selected to get this to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this method and it worked too. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you very much Rick. This saves me a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Big help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines