7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2017 7:20 PM by dinhl75813859

location services rejections

dinhl75813859

Hi

Recently after IOS 10 update my app gets rejected in regards to location services.  Their response is below

Per our 5.1.5 guideline, it would be appropriate to update the reason within the app when the pop-up prompts the users for consent.

Currently i use cordova.plugins.locationManager.requestAlwaysAuthorization() it comes up with the message below.  But how do i modify that message or do i have to do my own alert message?

Allow "Beaconnected" to access your location even when you are not using the app? 

This app would like to scan for iBeacons even when in the background

• 1. Re: location services rejections
          dinhl75813859 Level 1

also i have added the below to my config.xml file

<platform name="ios">

<config-file parent="NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription" platform="ios" target="*-Info.plist">

<string>Advertisement would like to use bluetooth.</string>

</config-file>

<config-file parent="NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription " platform="ios" target="*-Info.plist">

<string>This application requires location services to work.</string>

</config-file>       

<config-file parent="NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription " platform="ios" target="*-Info.plist">

</config-file>

<platform name="ios">

• 2. Re: location services rejections
            dinhl75813859 Level 1

can anyone help me regards to the rejection i get from apple.  I wonder if i did the right thing.  In the config.xml i include the plugin cordova-custom-config

and i added the below

<config-file parent="NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription " platform="ios" target="*-Info.plist">

</config-file>  

but i still get the rejection  from apple

Your app uses background location services but does not clarify the purpose of its use in the location modal alert as required in the iOS Human Interface Guidelines.

Please see attached screenshots for details.

Next Steps

Please revise the NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription value in the Info.plist to specify the intended purpose of using the user's location while the app is in the background.

i'm really stuck can someone please help me

• 3. Re: location services rejections
              kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional

"to work" is not enough information for me to provide you location services. That's what Apple is complaining about. Take a look at their example alert -- it states that one's location is used to estimate travel time and improve searches. That gives me useful information about why my location is important, and gives me some information so that I can weigh whether or not I want to give that access.

• 4. Re: location services rejections
                dinhl75813859 Level 1

thank you so much for the quick response.

So your saying my description "This application requires location services to work." should be more detailed?  that is my only problem?  The plist i did has nothing to do with the way i did the plist in the config.xml file?

• 5. Re: location services rejections
                  dinhl75813859 Level 1

Hi

I got rejected again and spoke to apple, i think they don't like the app keep accesssing the useres location even when the app is not in use.  My app is detects iBeacons i really only use the gps location when they go into a googlemap page which will display the iBeacons closest to them within 1 mile radius.  In that case do i use the NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription and put that in the plist or i don't need it at all and just use the function to get the user's current location when they go to the googlemap page?

• 6. Re: location services rejections
                    kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional
                    1. Make sure your app doesn't use location services while backgrounded. If it does, you must declare that you do, and why.
                    2. Yes, use  NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription; the "always" key is only for when your app needs access when backgrounded (like, say, when performing navigation).

Make sure the description of why you need access is more than just "to work" -- explain that you need the location to show beacons within a mile radius, for example.

• 7. Re: location services rejections
                      dinhl75813859 Level 1

I did change the description to "Your location is used to find nearby iBeacons closest to you"

But they're still not happy with that, later i called up and spoke to the reviewer and I explained to him that my app requires the location so that when you are nearby an iBeacon you can look on a feature googlemap to see which stores have these iBeacons to walk into so you can get promotion alert.

he said his happy with that description cos it makes sense.  So i believe i just need to change the description more clearer and probably don't need to chance to NSLocationWhenInUsageDescription?

Joseph