3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2016 11:24 PM by Colin Holgate

    Get Animate CC

    Hughman

      I am totally confused.

      I have Flash installed on my computer.

      It allows me to play Flash files from Websites over the Internet.

      However, I understand that Flash is being replaced by Animate CC

      I also understand that Animate CC supports HTML-5.

      I don't understand:

      1. Do I need to download an Animate CC player and replace the old Flash player to be able to view Animate CC files on my web browsers?

      2. If I do need to install Animate CC instead of Flash to view Animate CC files, how, exactly, do I do that?

      4. Would I then be able to view Animate CC files on mobile devices such as tablets and phones?

      5. If I want to convert existing video files to Animate CC files, how can I do that?

      6. To create new Animate CC files, presumably, I would have to buy Animate CC. What is the cost of that in Australia?

      Cheers,

      Hugh

        • 1. Re: Get Animate CC
          Ussnorway Adobe Community Professional

          Hughman wrote:

          However, I understand that Flash is being replaced by Animate CC

          same **** with a different name

          Hughman wrote:

          1. Do I need to download an Animate CC player and replace the old Flash player to be able to view Animate CC files on my web browsers?

          no, you only need a browser that allows Flash to view the files on the web

          Hughman wrote:

          2. If I do need to install Animate CC instead of Flash to view Animate CC files, how, exactly, do I do that?

          you get Animate CC from your Adobe CC app... needs a sub payment!

          Hughman wrote:

          4. Would I then be able to view Animate CC files on mobile devices such as tablets and phones?

          some mobiles and many tablets will still view Animate CC (flash) files... as time goes on, the amount of devices that still allow Flash are less and less

          Hughman wrote:

          6. To create new Animate CC files, presumably, I would have to buy Animate CC. What is the cost of that in Australia?

          a student Sub starts at about $15- per month for the first year then goes up to about $25... this gives you all the Adobe apps, not just Animate

           

          p.s, imo for web design (ie, html-5) you are still better to use Edge Animate

          • 2. Re: Get Animate CC
            kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

            1. Do I need to download an Animate CC player and replace the old Flash player to be able to view Animate CC files on my web browsers?

            no

             

            2. If I do need to install Animate CC instead of Flash to view Animate CC files, how, exactly, do I do that?

            na

             

            4. Would I then be able to view Animate CC files on mobile devices such as tablets and phones?

            na

            5. If I want to convert existing video files to Animate CC files, how can I do that?

            na

             

            6. To create new Animate CC files, presumably, I would have to buy Animate CC. What is the cost of that in Australia?

            Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud
            • 3. Re: Get Animate CC
              Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

              A shorter explanation: Adobe Animate replaces Flash Professional, not Flash Player. If you're only viewing content and not creating content, you don't need to do anything.