Exit

Get Animate CC

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am totally confused.

I have Flash installed on my computer.

It allows me to play Flash files from Websites over the Internet.

However, I understand that Flash is being replaced by Animate CC

I also understand that Animate CC supports HTML-5.

I don't understand:

1. Do I need to download an Animate CC player and replace the old Flash player to be able to view Animate CC files on my web browsers?

2. If I do need to install Animate CC instead of Flash to view Animate CC files, how, exactly, do I do that?

4. Would I then be able to view Animate CC files on mobile devices such as tablets and phones?

5. If I want to convert existing video files to Animate CC files, how can I do that?

6. To create new Animate CC files, presumably, I would have to buy Animate CC. What is the cost of that in Australia?

Cheers,

Hugh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

A shorter explanation: Adobe Animate replaces Flash Professional, not Flash Player. If you're only viewing content and not creating content, you don't need to do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hughman wrote:

However, I understand that Flash is being replaced by Animate CC

same shit with a different name

Hughman wrote:

1. Do I need to download an Animate CC player and replace the old Flash player to be able to view Animate CC files on my web browsers?

no, you only need a browser that allows Flash to view the files on the web

Hughman wrote:

2. If I do need to install Animate CC instead of Flash to view Animate CC files, how, exactly, do I do that?

you get Animate CC from your Adobe CC app... needs a sub payment!

Hughman wrote:

4. Would I then be able to view Animate CC files on mobile devices such as tablets and phones?

some mobiles and many tablets will still view Animate CC (flash) files... as time goes on, the amount of devices that still allow Flash are less and less

Hughman wrote:

6. To create new Animate CC files, presumably, I would have to buy Animate CC. What is the cost of that in Australia?

a student Sub starts at about $15- per month for the first year then goes up to about $25... this gives you all the Adobe apps, not just Animate

p.s, imo for web design (ie, html-5) you are still better to use Edge Animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no

na

na

5. If I want to convert existing video files to Animate CC files, how can I do that?

na

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A shorter explanation: Adobe Animate replaces Flash Professional, not Flash Player. If you're only viewing content and not creating content, you don't need to do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines