• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't add colour to line stroke?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can't seem to add colour to lines I have drawn using the pen tool. I select (also have dried direct select) and open the colour panel, choose a colour, but the line remains black. There is no colour option in the stroke panel.  When I try to add colour to a curved line using the same steps, the colour fills the spaces surrounding the curve but the stroke line remains black. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Can you post a screen shot? What is the weight of your stroke?

And, to confirm, you are selecting a stroke color, and not a fill color, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot? What is the weight of your stroke?

And, to confirm, you are selecting a stroke color, and not a fill color, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this has solved the problem! I missed the fill/stroke toggle--it's well hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed! It is easy in the Control panel, not in the Swatches or Tools panel. By the way, "X" is the shortcut to toggle the Fill and Stroke as to which is in the front.

Be sure to mark one of these answers correct to close the thread, and I'm glad you are on your way!

Best,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the colour fills the spaces surrounding the curve but the stroke line remains black.

This means that you are selecting the Fill color and not the Stroke Color. There are so many ways to assign colors in InDesign. Jane is showing you the two options on the Control panel, which I think is easiest for a new user, because there is a menu for Fill and one for Stroke.

If you opt to use the Swatches or Colors panel, pay close attention to the widget in the top left corner. There are two overlapping buttons, and one is always on top of the other. The one on top controls whether the color is assigned to the fill, or to the stroke.

InDesign CCss_006.png

Stroke on top vs Fill on top:

InDesign CCss_007.pngInDesign CCss_008.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines