• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering with Lightroom doesn't work.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using Lightroom to tether my camera with but couldn’t make it work.

·         Camera is a Canon EOS 0D, firmware version 1.1.2  (latest level as of 2016-12-21)

·         Operating system is Windows 10

·         Lightroom is release 2015.8

·         Connection is USB cable

When I go to the menu and select
File/Tethered Capture/Start Tethered Capture…
the Tethered Capture Settings dialog box opens.

After I fill in the fields, and click OK, the operating bar opens, showing the camera, along with a place for shutter speed, F-Stop, and ISO. Also displayed is a large button to release the shutter.
However, none of these indicators show the corresponding values, and the shutter button doesn’t release the shutter.

I was able to use the Canon EOS utility, and that worked in all respects.

I contacted Adobe help desk and they tried to work me through the problem. The only thing that worked was restoring Lightroom to the original version. They said that this was not a known issue, and the development team would be contacted.

Do any of you use Lightroom tethering with the latest release of Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Hi GaryMinor,

We don't see Canon EOS 0D listed in the list supported cameras in Lightroom, refer: A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom.

Please refer the below troubleshooting articles for fixing the tether shoot ,also the known issues in Lightroom CC 2015.8/6.8.

Fix tethered shooting in Lightroom

Known issues - Running Lightroom CC on macOS 10.12 Sierra

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GaryMinor,

We don't see Canon EOS 0D listed in the list supported cameras in Lightroom, refer: A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom.

Please refer the below troubleshooting articles for fixing the tether shoot ,also the known issues in Lightroom CC 2015.8/6.8.

Fix tethered shooting in Lightroom

Known issues - Running Lightroom CC on macOS 10.12 Sierra

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an identical problem to that described above, as follows:

"After I fill in the fields, and click OK, the operating bar opens, showing the camera, along with a place for shutter speed, F-Stop, and ISO. Also displayed is a large button to release the shutter. However, none of these indicators show the corresponding values, and the shutter button doesn’t release the shutter."  Only difference for me is that I'm using Lightroom 3 and a Canon Rebel XT, and Mac OSX Yosemite V. 10.10.5.  According to the link, this combination of camera and version of Lightroom should be compatible.  And I do have the communication set to "PC connection" which I've seen on other forums can cause a problem when not set to this.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KevinFort,

Have you tried creating a new catalog in Lightroom 3 and check if that helps? Also, please let us know the exact version of Lightroom you are using now? You can check that by going to Lightroom > help menu > system info.

Also, check if there are any pending updates for Lightroom 3?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Version 3.2, Camera Raw 6.2.  The most current version of Lightroom is 3.6.  I don’t see a way to upgrade from 3.2 to 3.6 on the Adobe website, and it’s my understanding that the most current version of Lightroom won’t allow tethering with my now-older Canon Rebel XT, which is why I bought a used copy of Lightroom 3.

When I open Lightroom and then turn my camera on, the camera does show up as a Source, and I can then snap a photo, use Copy as DNG, and import it.  The photo does then show up in Library and can be Developed.  So the program is able to “work with” the camera, which is why the tethering issue is odd to me.  From the Library module I then go to File>Tethered Capture>Start Tethered Capture…>OK (using the default settings).  This is the point that the bar appears with my camera listed as a source, but with none of the camera’s settings listed, and it is essentially nonfunctional.  The image of the shutter release button responds when I click the cursor over it, but nothing happens.

If I open a new catalog, I have to then turn the camera off and back on again to get Lightroom to recognize it, then I’m back to square one and the cycle I described above repeats itself.

Thanks Mohit, for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines