• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

animate cc and or after effects?! (yes again)

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Yes, I've read the previous posts about this subject, but none of them answered my specific usecase

Hopefully you guys (or girls) can help (ok enough with the smilies!!)

So ok, here she goes..

I am a webdesigner and illustrator and I want to animate something on a client's website. The animation has to be activated on mouse-hover.

Its basically a guy sitting in the middle, with 3 icons around him, and when one of the icons is hovered, the scene around the guy in the middle changes to a scene specific to that subject. I want fancy animations like cables spinning out of the icons and pluging into amps and microphones and pianos with keys falling down and making sounds and stuff. (sorry couldnt resist). When another icon is hovered the animation should somehow retract, like those fancy animations you see a lot where stuff pops up out of nowhere and bounce into place (like this Motion Graphics Collective on Instagram: “By @reeceparkerdesign・・・   |    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀... )(I think thats after effects stuff right?)

What I've gathered so far is that after effects just outputs video format. But I've also read that Animate CC and AFter Effects can load eachothers files.

So my question to you, what would be the best tool to learn, or should I learn both? I want to get into animation either way and will be doing animated illustrations, like the nowdays popular explainervids.

Most of the fancy stuff I see is made with After effects, but when it comes to web, HTML5 is probably the way to go? I dont want to be putting swf files on the client's website since google is about to block that stuff..

I hope my question is clear enough, if not, please ask

Best Regards,

Marijn

The Netherlands.

p.s. i have access to pluralsight and digitaltutors for videotraining on both subjects, but after effect seems to have a lot more material. Are there any other popular sources for learning Adobe animate through videocourses?

Tnx a lot!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

What I've gathered so far is that after effects just outputs video format. But I've also read that Animate CC and AFter Effects can load eachothers files.

That's not true, at least as far as project files are concerned. All that AE ever could read were SWF files and of course rendered images like PNG sequences from Flash. Conversely, Flash ever only accepted video, image sequences and SWF files created from AE, but the latter was seriously limited as was the XML intermediate format that existed f

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not true, at least as far as project files are concerned. All that AE ever could read were SWF files and of course rendered images like PNG sequences from Flash. Conversely, Flash ever only accepted video, image sequences and SWF files created from AE, but the latter was seriously limited as was the XML intermediate format that existed for a brief period. So no, they didn't really have anything to do with one another and it was never a smooth workflow. As far as your requirements are concerned, your only option is to use Flash/ Animate CC and publish an interactive SVG or HTML canvas for which of course you can use any number of other tools just as well. Anything beyond that doesn't realyl matter. You'd be wasting your time doing any of this in AE, give or take a few image sequences perhaps to be used as the basis for your interactive content.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Mylenium, for taking the time to answer yet another AE FL comparison question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines