• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE Fail to download to Nook, then fail to download to PC as well

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used ADE for years to happily download library books to my nook. Now I have gotten a new laptop and installed ADE 5.7.1.

I downloaded a book to the laptop from the library with some problems but finally successfully (I will ask about that in a separate question)

Attempting to copy the book to the Nook hung. Backing up to an older version of ADE, I found out that I was getting a licensing problem: "CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED No permission to copy the book" .

When I looked at the license for my Nook, it said  it was authorized "for the following account: ", followed by nothing. No idea which account.

Checking the authorization on my computer, I found it was marked unauthorized but attempts to authorize failed with an error "You can only authorize this computer with an Adobe ID that has not been used to authorize any other computer or mobile devices. Please try again".

After talking with support on Twitter, I tried explicitly deauthorizing the computer and reauthorizing. That succeeded. However attempts to copy books to the Nook still failed. I thought I would try deleting those copies and redownloading from the library, which led me to my current situation: now I can't even download books from the library, I get an error

Things are going from bad to worse and I am feeling pretty impatient.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please see the below article for details and resolution about this error.

Solution for E_LIC error in Adobe Digital Editions

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know how to contact the ebook provider to have the activation reset for the e-book. I check it out of my library. I tried re-downloading, that is how I ran into this second problem of not being able to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines