• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I recently updated my computer from an older Mac Tower to a new iMac. Viewing looks mostly fine in the library mode, but scattered photos are pixelated. And in the Develop mode the sliders, etc. are grayed out. The map mode seems to work. What gives?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my computer from an older Mac Tower to a new iMac. Viewing looks mostly fine in the library mode, but scattered photos are pixelated. And in the Develop mode the sliders, etc. are grayed out.  The map mode seems to work.  What gives?

I also observed that in the develop mode a note "image couldn't be found".  This may have been a result of my computer guy having just copied all the files from my old computer to the new one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

You've posted in the Lounge, a non-technical forum for creative conversation. I'm guessing you are using Lightroom, so I'll move this to a Lightroom product forum where more people will see it.

''Have you signed in to Lightroom on the new iMac to activate it? The Develop module is unavailable if you don't have a current subscription. Sign in with your Adobe ID by clicking the Identity plate in the upper left corner and choosing the option to sign in.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also observed that in the develop mode a note "image couldn't be found". This may have been a result of my computer guy having just copied all the files from my old computer to the new one?

It would help if you stated the version number of Lightroom that you are using.

It's possible that the photos are not in the location Lightroom expects them to be in. Are there question mark icons or exclamation point icons on the photos (see example here: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders ) If so, follow the instructions in that article to re-connect the photos in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DJ has you pointed in the right direction for finding missing photos.

Check this link to make sure that you got all the needed files moved to the new computer.

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines