1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 23, 2016 8:20 AM by Mylenium

Browser Preview different from Simulated Browser Preview

davidd77

Hi,

When I Preview my website in a browser to check for where to make breakpoints, it looks very different than if I do the same thing using the scrubber/simulated browser widths in Muse.

In the browser preview, the page resizes more effectively than in the simulated view.

Using groups for related objects doesn't seem to make much difference.

Which view is correct?

Why are they different?

Regards,

David.

• 1. Re: Browser Preview different from Simulated Browser Preview
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Not sure what you are really asking. It's called "Preview" for a reason or else it would be called something else and Adobe would come up with a fancy name and slogan for it. That's simply something you have to get used to - though things are considerably better than they were ten years ago, every browser and every device may render a page differently based on its own set of specific adaptations, optimizations and interpretations of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. It's the eternal curse of all web design and only extensive checking and testing on as many platforms as possible can help you iron out any kinks and get a feel for those behaviors. In any case, no point in going too crazy over breakpoint issues and obsess over pixel-perfect page layout on every screen. It's simply impossible and in fact it's my opinion that most people simply use too many breakpoints when they should be relying on "fluid design" options like automatic witdh scaling and text reflow.

Mylenium