11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2016 5:12 PM by petandr

Restoring full size previews

petandr Level 1

Hi everybody,

Would be super grateful for some help on this! I have a Mac and basically imported some of my camera files into 'Photos'. I then deleted these images from my camera and, thinking I had already imported them into Lightroom, deleted them from 'Photos' too (and even selected 'Delete All' from the 'Recently Deleted' folder). Thankfully (ish) I realised my mistake straight away and pressed Ctrl+Z to undo immediately and they reappeared (though I don't know if the damage by this point was already done). I then imported them into Lightroom and they appeared in a folder with a ? next to it, which did not allow me to edit the images. After some googling I used the Lightroom script to 'Restore Presets' and all of the images are now available for me to edit, HOWEVER, only about half of them were resurrected as full size (and good quality):

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 10.50.39.png

The rest of them appear small (but in decent enough quality at that size), but the moment I try to zoom or increase their size, they become heavily pixelated:

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 10.52.38.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 10.52.59.png

Is there any way that I can restore the smaller preview images so as to make them larger and still good quality?

I would be so grateful for any guidance on this (even if the answer is sadly in the negative).

Many thanks (and merry Christmas)!