9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2016 6:41 AM by VectorP

ios key

patrickf86001286

Hi all together, phonegap developers and the support

I have an issue with the building process of phonegap in IOS. Few month ago, our company just had to upload once the p12 file and the provision file and it was stored in the backend, we did not made builts since 2 month and now wanted to make new builts and found this "new feature" that you have to upload after every updating the code the p12 and provision file again in the backend.

my questions:

can we do something, that we dont have todo this uploading again and again of the p12 and provision file? because it slow down our development process.

is that a bug in your website?

are you facing same issue?

when did you change that in your site?

thank you very much!

• 1. Re: ios key
          VectorP Level 4

...and found this "new feature" that you have to upload after every updating the code the p12 and provision file again in the backend.

You don't have to do that (and never had to, either).

• 2. Re: ios key
            patrickf86001286 Level 1

hi,

but is like that, if i update code, in IOS comes, error, plz provide the key, then i have to go in settings and upload again the p12 and provision file, then works, every time i have todo that.

any suggestion why that is there since 1-2 month?

ty

• 3. Re: ios key
              kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional

You don't have to upload the key every request, but you do have to unlock your key after a short timeout period (an hour, IIRC)-- maybe that's where you're running into problems. Make sure to unlock your signing key in PGB before issuing a build request.

• 4. Re: ios key
                patrickf86001286 Level 1

hi,

thank you very much for your answer kerrishotts.

that bring me closer to the issue.

to be more exactly, thing is that, that someone else is uploading the key and provision file, if i login, all looks good, IOS has no error or something, if i then update the code, it happening.

should the person who uploads p12 and provisiion file also make the first updating of the code, so that we fix that issue you can say?

ty

• 5. Re: ios key
                  VectorP Level 4

Sounds like you have a cert owner and you are working with collaborators.

In that case, you may want to go through this info: Collaboration | PhoneGap Docs

should the person who uploads p12 and provisiion file also make the first updating of the code,

No. It doesn't matter at all who makes the first code changes.

• 6. Re: ios key
                    patrickf86001286 Level 1

hi,

thank you for that, but i dont understand.

if he uploads the key over my id, means with my login, where is the issue?

everytime i try to make build key is removed.

i dont understand it, sorry ....

• 7. Re: ios key
                      VectorP Level 4

if he uploads the key over my id, means with my login...

Oh great.

What do you think login ID's and passwords are for?

:-(

Anyway, there has never been a requirement that signing keys must be uploaded all the time. So, something else must be wrong with your account or the way you think PGB works.

You could consider posting your login ID and password here (since you are sharing it anyway) so other forum participants can have a try and see what's wrong.

[yes, this was ironic]

• 8. Re: ios key
                        patrickf86001286 Level 1

hi,

ty for help, 1 last question, did phonegap change settings in last 2-3 month or is all the same for that signing key? because before it was working...

• 9. Re: ios key
                          VectorP Level 4

afaik, nothing has changed in the past years with the signing key settings. You only need to upload once, unless you need a new key due to expiration. The distribution key will be unlocked for one hour, the development key for about a month.

Only key owners can unlock and manage keys, collaborators can't.

1 person found this helpful