• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the return/enter distance?

Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working on an indesign document right now and there are some areas where I'd like to choose where the string of text moves to a lower line. However, I'm having difficulty because I like the leading distance created when the lines naturally move to the next line because it looks more clear that the lower line of text belongs with what is above it, and when I enter or return, there is more space than in between the two lines of text. How can I adjust the text that I have hit return on to scoot it closer to the top line? In the instance of this picture, I like the spacing between the line "City of Bonn," and "Fragmentation and Connectivity," and would like it to look the same on the likes that say "City of Bonn," and "Bonn West Industrial" but to keep adequate spacing between them. How would I do this? I wanted to drop the string of text at "Bonn west" to the line underneath but it looks like it's own item.

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 12.58.47 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Start by setting the leading, which handles the spacing between the lines of single paragraph.

InDesign CCss_001.png

Then add space before or after to separate the paragraphs. (I usually use after.)

InDesign CCss_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by setting the leading, which handles the spacing between the lines of single paragraph.

InDesign CCss_001.png

Then add space before or after to separate the paragraphs. (I usually use after.)

InDesign CCss_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're asking about consistent leading, are you applying Paragraphs Styles, where you can apply "space before" and "space after" to paragraphs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines