4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2016 9:55 AM by alanr80164849

What format should I convert my video footage to?

alanr80164849

Hello people

I hope someone can advise me. I am new to video editing and am just about to start putting together a project comprised of photos and video footage and want to know the best format for my video footage to be in prior to taking it into my Premiere Elements 11 system. The project will take many days to finish so I plan to do a lot of saving and do not want the video footage to lose its quality.

The video was taken using a Fuji hs20 camera and is 1080p Full HD 30 frames per second using H.264 compression coded (saved directly as MOV files) progresive capture. Sound - WAVE. stereo.

I have the Wondershare Ultimate Video converter which has many video formats to choose from including some in HD.

I intend to get the project out to Youtube, Vimeo and perhaps make a blu ray disc.

ANY, advise would be appreciated as I am new to editing and not technically minded.

Sincerely    Alan                                 (my photos will all be resized to match and saved as PSD's to avoid re-compression, they are J-Pegs at the moment)