• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: Option to rotate view of artboard in Draw, other iOS apps?

Participant ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've gotten very used to a nice feature in another company's paint/photo program, which allows you to use the two finger rotate gesture to rotate your view of the artboard/canvas/artwork, and also pinch and zoom simultaneously, rather than how it is now in Draw, where the view of the artboard changes to portrait or landscape if you physically change the orientation of the iPad.

I find it much more intuitive, and a much easier workflow, to be able to rotate the view to, for example, get a better angle on drawing a line, rather than having to physically move the iPad every time I want to do this. Make sense?

I imagine you would want this as an option perhaps, as some people would not want this feature.

Would love to see this in all Adobe iOS apps.

And a dream, a lot more features, or even the FULL VERSION of Illustrator on an Apple tablet. I know, not your problem right.

best,

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Hi Mark,

Easier (rotating the canvas currently requires tapping the Gear icon then Rotate Canvas 90°) canvas rotation is requested quite often by people who use our drawing apps. So often, in fact, that I believe the team is currently discussing the possibility of incorporating a gesture to make it easier. Unfortunately, I don't know when it might happen... I just know it's on the "list."

About a full version of Illustrator CC for iPad... It's not that it's not our problem, it's really just that I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Easier (rotating the canvas currently requires tapping the Gear icon then Rotate Canvas 90°) canvas rotation is requested quite often by people who use our drawing apps. So often, in fact, that I believe the team is currently discussing the possibility of incorporating a gesture to make it easier. Unfortunately, I don't know when it might happen... I just know it's on the "list."

About a full version of Illustrator CC for iPad... It's not that it's not our problem, it's really just that I have no idea what the plan is for that. Or even whether there is one.

I do share all feedback with the product team(s), so if there are more features you'd like to see in the app, definitely send them to us (either here or through the in-app feedback).

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Good to hear that the team may be considering incorporating gestures to allow for rotating the canvas/artboard.

Please forgive my crude comment about iPad and full Illustrator - just a frustrated wish from someone who can't afford a Cintiq and would rather not switch to a Windows tablet. Of course, I understand no one could comment on that question. This is Apple's issue, and I believe they know that a lot of professional designers would like to be running Illustrator on a tablet if they could.

That said, the Draw team has done an excellent job conceiving of and creating a feature set that is perfectly suited for quick sketching in the field, and then brought into Illustrator for further work. It's great!

Thanks for answering the post.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am interested in a pinch to rotate feature for AP Sketch and Draw. Really glad to hear it is being considered in a future version. Hoping it will be sooner rather than later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi WillyFS.

It's requested a lot. For both apps. And I know it's coming. I just don't have a date yet.

Hang in there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines